IMPORTANT: Standoff Episode 5 patch 1.26 now available

Yes, more details are always welcome. Just tell us the mission you were playing, the circumstances in which it happened, the video mode you were using (D3D or OpenGL, and which options), and if possible, the error message and/or crash details.

They'll be another patch soon as well...we are going to continue to push forward until we've got everything corrected...and then give the bonus of all sim missions being scoreable...oh and maybe one or two more surprises :p

EDIT: Also, this patch fixes the
Arrow count bug
that occurs on the Ep5 losing path. You will now be able to complete
Flight of the Arrow

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU GODLY FIGURES!! :D

Now remember to rebalance that second-to-last prologue mission yes? Give those damn pirates some less deadlier weapons, that base assault mission is THE MOST DIFFICULT ONE in the game.
I'm pretty sure we already explained why we won't be changing this one :).

Patched it, but the last mission on the Ep 5 winning path always crashes around 10 minutes in, Doesn't matter if I have HDR or enhanced lighting on. I'm always about to land and then the game crashes, I've played it about seven or eight times now. Any advice?

Patched it, but the last mission on the Ep 5 winning path always crashes around 10 minutes in, Doesn't matter if I have HDR or enhanced lighting on. I'm always about to land and then the game crashes, I've played it about seven or eight times now. Any advice?

That also happened to me. I just
killed Prince Thrakath
and went back instead of wait any longer.
You'll get the good ending anyway

You'll get the good or middle ending, actually :). But, if you did everything right in the previous missions, then you don't need a total victory in this one to get the winning ending.

catalyst 9.8 drivers released early here
tried the new patch with catalyst 9.7 and 9.8, im getting same results as vidmaster on a radeon 4670

basing what standoff should look like from the ingame video clips in that other post,

enhanced lighting enabled:
-new engine glows now work
-jump animation now visible
-ships appear in sim and database
-ships show up in flight, but appear unshaded

hdr option enabled:
-ships appear in sim and database
-the game will load as before but inflight models are invisible, hud visible

Hello, first of all I'd like to say thanks to the whole Standoff crew for making this game and I am having a great time with it.

Although not as great as it could be, because my joystick broke(I blame the pirates), and I was wondering what peoples thoughts were on what a good joystick replacement would be?

I figured this is the place to ask.

-ships show up in flight, but appear unshaded

Have you tried different sim missions to see if the ships appear unshaded in all of them?

Are the ships also unshaded in the object database? If they appear to be unshaded, try moving the lights around in the database just to make sure it's not the angle (click one of the 4 corners of the viewscreen to move the light to that position, then click again to toggle foreground/background).

If I am not mistaken, Alex made the GL fallback to unshaded rendering if it would detect a problem with the card's support for it's functions; see it as a fix so at least ships are visible.

That said, he is still working on on it and making better support for ATI... we even have a new version to test already.

We're currently trying to determine if crashes are really linked to the usage of HDR, and how to fix it. We have a test build already, so there' s hope.

ok, i went back and there appears to be 3 levels
ships appear black, darker, and mmm... darker

ships appearing the same as the screenshot i posted last: 5,8,10
-mission 8, object cam

ships appearing black:2,3,4,7,9
-mission 2, cockpit

-mission 2,chase cam

-mission 2, shooting, object cam

-mission 2, getting shot, object cam

ships appearing "darker": 1,6
mission 1, object cam

as for the database, the ship is unshaded regardless of light source position

Looking at your screenshots, I can tell you your issue is exactly the same as one of our testers - that's good news, it means that fixing it for him will most likely fix it for you too :)

Hey guys wanted to let you know that this patch fixed a Crash to Desktop for me on the prologue when you first met up squealer, the game would crash for me as soon as he contacted Bradshaw, but since this patch I am able to keep playing.

Thanks!

I'm running an Intel Duo 2.26 P8400 with a 9600M GT card.

Your hardware should be fine, don't worry. We'll find the source of the crash.

Hey guys wanted to let you know that this patch fixed a Crash to Desktop for me on the prologue when you first met up squealer, the game would crash for me as soon as he contacted Bradshaw, but since this patch I am able to keep playing.

Thanks!

Great to hear from a happy player :)

hi there guys,

it's not exactly a crash, but when the HDR/Bloom effects are on the screen shows only maroon red in the cockpit/briefing room.

I'm Running:
Intel Core Duo 2.2ghz T7500
Geforce 8400m GS

i'm just curious if this is a shortcoming of my hardware or something that's on the list to be fixed.

thanks,
-brad

Back