HUD 1.0 with OSX

silvio

Spaceman
Hi,

Not understood how to implement HUD package with Apple OS X
In the Privateer folder ? or somewhere in home ? (/library/applications support)

Thank

HUD10 with OSX how to

It takes a little time and attention to detail, but this is how I did it.

First, move Privateer from Priv-Package to your hard drive. Control-click on the Privateer icon (on your hard drive) and select “Show Package Contents”. Open the Contents folder and the Resources folder. Leave this folder open.

Open your HUD10 folder, its Privateer folder and its Sprites folder. Move the contents of the HUD10/Privateer/Sprites folder to the Privateer/Contents/Resources/Sprites folder, replacing those four items. (Don’t replace the Sprites folder, just drop the four items into your games Sprite folder).

Next, open HUD10/Privateer/Textures and move the two files, broadsword-hud.png and cargo-hud.png to your Privateer/Contents/Resources/Textures folder. Then open HUD10/Privateer/Textures/Weapons and move the contents to Privateer/Contents/Resources/Textures/Weapons.

Now you’ve got HUD10/Privateer/Units to deal with. Open each folder, for example, “broadsword” and move the contents into the similar folder in Privateer. Again, don’t replace the folders, just move the contents.

At this point your Privateer file on your hard drive has been modified. Play the game using that file and not your dmg/Priv-Package. If you don’t like the results you can always go back to your dmg/Priv-Package.

To do this I used http://www.macworld.com/2004/06/secrets/julygeekfactor/index.php as a guide.

silvio said:
Hi,

Not understood how to implement HUD package with Apple OS X
In the Privateer folder ? or somewhere in home ? (/library/applications support)

Thank

Your game directory lies inside the Privateer package.
You can't see it in the Finder. (at first)

CTRL-Click on Privateer, then select "Show package contents" (or similar)
Then open the Contents/Resources Folder.

BUUUUT.

You CANNOT use the Finder to merge the data directory with the HUD Patch, for the Finder will delete the directories before replacing them!

You have to do it from the Terminal (there the Privateer Package is a Directory called Privateer.app).

just use
Code:
cp -R path/to/HUD/* path/to/Privateer.app/Contens/Resources

And as always: Doing a backup won't hurt.

instead of typing the pathes you can also drag the corresponding directories into the Terminal (but remember to add /* to the first Parameter)

Okona said:
BUUUUT.

You CANNOT use the Finder to merge the data directory with the HUD Patch, for the Finder will delete the directories before replacing them!

You have to do it from the Terminal (there the Privateer Package is a Directory called Privateer.app).

just use
Code:
cp -R path/to/HUD/* path/to/Privateer.app/Contens/Resources

Ok, I've tried it both ways. Using the method I posted above, the tractor beam turned blue. Using the terminal command Okona posted the tractor beam did not change colors. Okona, are there additional actions we should take after the command you posted?

In the meantime, there is probably a simpler method than the one I used, but what works, works.

LarryB said:
Ok, I've tried it both ways. Using the method I posted above, the tractor beam turned blue. Using the terminal command Okona posted the tractor beam did not change colors. Okona, are there additional actions we should take after the command you posted?

In the meantime, there is probably a simpler method than the one I used, but what works, works.

Code:
cp -R path/to/HUD/[COLOR=Yellow]Privateer[/COLOR]/* path/to/Privateer.app/Contens/Resources

I forgot the Privateer... sorry...

Back