How???

What program do I need to use to edit the tre.cfg file? I tried looking at the code directly and it was all gibberish to me.

Code? Gibberish? There's neither of those things in there :p.

The line you're interested in is the first one:
install no_folders 0

Just change it so that it looks like this:
//install no_folders 0

The "0", in case you were wondering, tells the patch to not make a log of all the files acessed by the game. If it was a "1", a text file would be generated telling you all about which files are used when... which is generally not much use, unless you're trying to find out what files some obscure element of the game uses.

Very odd. I open the file in Notepad and get what appears to be machine language--a jumble of symbols that I can't read, looking like a chaotic sequence of alphanumeric, punctuation, and nonprinting characters.

Hmmm, that's very odd indeed. Something's up with your notepad then... if the cfg file really was that garbled, I'm pretty sure the DLL wouldn't be able to understand it either :D

--Eder

Indeed, if the cfg file was that garbled UE shouldn't even run. Are you sure you aren't trying to open a tre file instead?

Originally posted by HCl
Indeed, if the cfg file was that garbled UE shouldn't even run. Are you sure you aren't trying to open a tre file instead?

Could be. What I am getting appears to be either machine language or compiled code--meant for the computer to read and not humans.

Back