How to make friends/ Drayman

Master Wooky

Spaceman
Hi,

in the begining i busted down some Drayman for fun and because i thought all the stuff one would get must be worth a fortune (what it isn't). But now all those merchants, the militia and the confed. guys are trying to kill me all the time and this is kind of anoying. So i wondered if there is any possibility to make up with all those guys. I tried just to get out of their way and hoped the problem will solve itself... but it didn't. Can anybody help me?

Other thing? Whats up with those Drayman? 4 Tachyoncannons without a break and it takes minutes to bring them down. As I remember Privateer this should be much easier...

Wooky, too bad you've got the cops on your heels. But just blowing up a harmless member of the merchant community is about the worst thing you can do in the beginning.

Simple remedy: Restart. If you haven't done much, it shouldn't be too hard.

Normal way to get the off you back: Bust their enemies. Blow up Retros and Pirates. If you've taken down some, you see your status slowly get even again. But it can take a while.

Reportedly it helps to send friendly messages to the party that's angry with you. But you need to send MANY MANY MANY of them to move anything.

And if I recall correctly, Draymen have very thick armor.

near the begining it is hard to get even again once you have made someone angry.
I find blowing up retros is the best bet as every one hates them and they are easier to kill than kilrathi, so get on down to oxford, (that system in my game always has retros in it)
or even better depending on just how far/good you are, doing the confed/merchant/bounty hunter missions you get from the people in the bar is a good way to get brownie points.
comunication does help or hinder your relationship with the various factions, this is only really visably effective in instances where you, for instance got a bit trigger happy, and accidently dammaged a confed paradigum, with an number of positive comunications you can get them off your back.
though really near the begining in the tarsus it is very difficult as you cannot outrun factions that hate you, (which you don't want to hate you) which means you are really obliged to kill them, so best option is to restart.

I've had limited success editing the relations.xml file. Sometimes it's worked, and sometimes it hasn't, becuase quite frankly I can't really be arsed spending ages and ages and ages trying to improve relationships with various factions - it was so much quicker in the original.

I don't think editing the game is the way i want to do this.

I can outrun them, the problem is they keep following me even if i land on a planet or something. When you do this some time you end up with 20 ships in your back. Especially those confeds are fast enough to follow you. So even if they can't get you, you won't be able to use the autopilot and this sucks. Plus, as soon as you have to fight (bounty mission or something) they catch up an you are down in seconds.
So the only way to manage it is to save the game, shut it down and restart. And doing this after every second system sucks too.

Other question: How long do you guys think will it take to make up with those guys if you have about fifty merchants, 10 confeds and 10 militiaships on your list?

Back to the Drayman. You know the situation when they don't move anymore? You can park your ship directly ahead of them, put something on the spacebar (4X Tachyoncannons) so you will keep firing and go to the kitchen for a snack and when you come back, the stupid drayman is still not down. I don't think the draymans armor should be that hard to crack?

Well, if you want to carry on trying to fix your relations the boring slow way (I don't think it adds that much to the game given how long it takes for it to work otherwise I wouldn't cheat) I recommend getting a cloaking device. A little clue for finding them - try some kilrathi sounding systems.

Back to the Drayman. You know the situation when they don't move anymore? You can park your ship directly ahead of them, put something on the spacebar (4X Tachyoncannons) so you will keep firing and go to the kitchen for a snack and when you come back, the stupid drayman is still not down. I don't think the draymans armor should be that hard to crack?
Actually, they shouldn't be so defenseless. If you can go for a snack and come back, and you're still alive, that's a problem with the Drayman's turrets (nonexistent), rather than with the armor. If the Drayman got a couple of turrets and less armor, it would be much better.

klauss said:
Actually, they shouldn't be so defenseless. If you can go for a snack and come back, and you're still alive, that's a problem with the Drayman's turrets (nonexistent), rather than with the armor. If the Drayman got a couple of turrets and less armor, it would be much better.

When I suggested changing the lasers to a faster firing model (about three times faster), the original "gatling gun laser," one of my goals was to make things with the default laser more dangerous. ...

klauss said:

When I suggested changing the lasers to a faster firing model (about three times faster), the original "gatling gun laser," one of my goals was to make things with the default laser more dangerous. ...

See, its not just that they don't return fire... they get hit over minutes by 4 guns and they don't blow up. I once gave them all of me 40 protontorpedos and the thing was far from dying... it was perhaps a little pink...

Very good advice

mr pricky said:
I find blowing up retros is the best bet as every one hates them and they are easier to kill than kilrathi, so get on down to oxford, (that system in my game always has retros in it)

Thanks for this good advice. It worked really well. Especially if you are still good friend with the kilrathi...becaus there are a lot of them and they take out merchants and confeds. while you are killing lots of retros and pirats... and oxford and the systems around seem the best fishinggrounds for them... in one flight i killed 17 retros and 12 pirats. it took me 3 tours too make up with all factions... confeds, militia and hunters go faster... merchants take a little longer, but hey, what are three tours? blus you can capture lots of slaves and make good money

See, its not just that they don't return fire... they get hit over minutes by 4 guns and they don't blow up. I once gave them all of me 40 protontorpedos and the thing was far from dying... it was perhaps a little pink...

I know.That's another problem. But the fact that you can go somewhere and forget about the game while shooting a Drayman, and nobody (not even the Drayman itself) tries to stop you, is plain wrong.

Back