Holocaust Remembrance Day

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
People are jerks -- it's a universal constant. Your best bet is just to not take them seriously.

Now there's a nice quote, LOAF.

Originally posted by TopGun
How do those people explain thier thories to the US and Russian Soldiers who found most of the Camps

About a month before the Holocaust Remembrance Day, local Sat-TV network aired a filmed call "Mr. Death".

I guess some of you might have heard about it.
The first part of the film depicts the life of a person who's job is to build execution machines. His ideas, his way of life, his profession.

The second part details how this "Mr. death" is sent by a Holocaust denier (I don't remember his name) to research the death-camp of Auswitz-Birkanau in Poland to prove it as a hoax.
"Mr. Death" “proves” that this is a hoax simply because, quote, "the execution gas chambers where inefficient and poorly designed", un-quote.

I have visited Auswitz-Birkanau.
I have been in side the gas chambers. I’m no expert, but they look pretty real to me.
There is a row of ten sheds in the camp. Each shed is 25 meters by 10 meter (75 by 30 feet).
You go into the first shed and you see big cages along the walls and in the center, from the floor to the ceiling, each filled with shoes. Just shoes.
You go into the second shed, and again, you see the shoe cages.
Same in the third and forth.
In the fifth shed, whoever preserved the camp decided that building more cages will be too expensive...so when you enter you see that the entire shed, from the entrance door to the back wall, from one side to the other, is filled with shoes....a little less then one meter high (3 feet). And on top of the pile they built a long bridge, so you can walk all the way to the back wall....
This repeats it self in the next remaining sheds.
The last "exhibit" in the camp is a pile of human ashes. I don't know how much ash is left after the burning of a single person, but the pile in the camp weighs approximately 8 tons (a little more then 16,000 lbs.)

I also visited the Dachau death-camp, which look as if you only need to reconnect it to local power grid and its back to business as usual.

In short, people can and will say any thing, invent theories and tell stories, but all you need to do is take a little visit and see the truth for yourself.

It is obvious and proven several times that these things happened. The people who try to deny the holocaust ever happend are probably the most dangerous part of Neo-NAZI movements around. But that such a movement would somehow be created sometime is logical, since only pursuading people that all these horrible things never happend would allow a new NAZI movent to rise.. I mean, the political views are mostly not what keeps people from even thinking about sympathising with the NAZIs, it's usually the picture of those horribles crimes against the jews that everybody got in one's mind.

But with political and hostorical education working against that, such movement should have no chance of succeeding.

Originally posted by PrinceThrakhath
But with political and hostorical education working against that, such movement should have no chance of succeeding.

The greatest fear (of many as well as myself) is that in a few decades time, after they will be no more survivors to tell the stories, and the historical education will grow weeker, it will be alot easier to deny the Holocaust.

There's no point in "proving" anything to those people. It's a historical fact. A very well documented one. If someone starts babbling some bullshit, just ignore them and go away.

There are very few things as annoying as people who get worked up over nothing, Phillip.

Assholes that say people should be shot for saying things... Fuckers deserve to be shot.

<Now with extra hypocrisy for more sarcasm power!>

Yay, TC put it perfectly.

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
Nothing to you, perhaps. But someone like Ghost, being Jewish, might beg to differ.
Right. I guess Ghost finds this issue so traumatic that he can't even bring himself to post about it, instead relying on you to do the talking. Or, maybe, just maybe he doesn't care enough to bother talking about this?

Bullshit is a meaningless term when one doesn't know what is being talked about... wha? Is that a response to TC? And if it is... what does it mean? :confused:

Well, this Olga Scully makes some claims that to me are upsetting, the Port Arthur massecre where Martin Bryant killed 35 people, was a government plot so they could bring in new gun laws being an example. I live in Tasmania, so I am similar to those who live in New York with September 11 in terms of knowing how much the tragedy hits those who live there. Like many others in America and Tasmania, the news was much more important than any business or schoolwork. And for someone to make claims that it was all a conspiracy, or in the case of the holocaust with it being claimed it never happened, then I would be upset, and I believe if I was Jewish I would be outraged and have every right to be outraged.

The comment to TC was because of something he said was bullshit some time ago, and he later retracted his comments because he misunderstood what was being talked about. I used the comment as a sig for a while. ;)

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
The comment to TC was because of something he said was bullshit some time ago, and he later retracted his comments because he misunderstood what was being talked about. I used the comment as a sig for a while. ;)

Alluding to things only makes sense when people will actually recognize the allusion. Also, it helps if the comment you make somehow fits into what's being discussed.

Originally posted by Quarto
Ok... so, are you basically saying that anybody that upsets you deserves to be shot?

Maybe I have some dark fantasies of this. :) No, in all seriousness I think that, unless you are a danger to other people or you are going to incite violence with what you say (such as, maybe, if Spirit was able to find out who the traitor was), then you are free to say what you like.

Originally posted by TC
Alluding to things only makes sense when people will actually recognize the allusion. Also, it helps if the comment you make somehow fits into what's being discussed.

I would have, I was busy doing something for someone else and couldn't get around to looking through all the old threads. Lesse...can't seem to find it now.

Fuckers who call my name in vain deserves to be shot.

World is full of stupids i can´t care for every stupid in this world, i only care for the stupids near me.

Back