Hilarious WC moment

Cam

Spaceman
Wow, I was playing WC1 just now, and on the first mission in the Rostov system I was launching in the midst of an asteroid field. Right upon launch I struck an asteroid at full speed and blew up lol!!

That's got to be the funniest thing I've ever had happen to me in WC so far! Ahahahahahaa

:D

Kilrathi Information Minister

Yeah, like the time in Wing Commander 3 where the Kilrathi information Minister, Melek Saeed al-Sahaf, said "What? Kilrah being destroyed by a single bomb? No! No! No! That's just our glorious and fearless leader Prince Thrakhath having a victory parade for killing all those pesky apes. I swear their spacecraft will be their coffins! We will win this war!"

:cool:

I love it when these threads pop up from time to time! :)
Most of my favorite hilarious moments center around the Kilrathi doing themselves in (crashing into each other, shooting ech other, etc) Here's my special moments break down:
WC1: Taiing a Salthi in a Hornet and chewing up his backside, when my armor and shields start to disappear from my rear so I juke a little to my left and reacquire my target in front of me just in time to see laser bolts fly past me and the lead Salthi disentegrate.
WC2: Tailing a Strakha into an asteroid field he cloaks completely, then a few seconds later, boom, kilrathi ship debris circling a large rock (Kilrathi must not be able to fly while cloaked)
WC3: Having Maniac on my Wing for the Kilrathi base Mission flying Thuds, and pounding at that thing for 10 minutes. Finally he got so damaged I told him to go home and as he did, his mass driver turret takes out the base.
WC4: Any view of me trying to escape a missile lock when I have no decoys left.
WC:UE Having a Salthi blow me out of the sky in one pass (damn those little buggers where good with that dumbfire :))

C-ya

Re: Kilrathi Information Minister

Originally posted by redwolf
Yeah, like the time in Wing Commander 3 where the Kilrathi information Minister, Melek Saeed al-Sahaf, said "What? Kilrah being destroyed by a single bomb? No! No! No! That's just our glorious and fearless leader Prince Thrakhath having a victory parade for killing all those pesky apes. I swear their spacecraft will be their coffins! We will win this war!"

:cool:

And ya know what? That prick, fair dinkum, is probably still drumming up Iraqi victory when he's in American custady.

Greatest moment: WC3, me in a battered Arrow versus 6 Vaktoth and no wingman.. Chew them up, relax, and stare at my screen as a dozen Darkets pop on... followed by 8 or 10 Dralthi for good measure.

I like the WC UE Salthi. One time, one fired a dumbfire on me, I evaded and it went straight into a Vaktoth turning it into something quite red and pulpish.

I like the scene where Flash is freaking out that the jump point got closed. The look on his face when I....I mean, when Blair says to him he says, "See where shootin' off your mouth gets you?":D :D

Any Retro encounter in Privateer. They were very thoroughly done, them being total fanatics.

I have always loved the taunts in WC games, I have also laughed my ass off at Doomsday in WC2, and also the taunts from Kilrathi Cap ships "I will kill you ape". LOL that is just so dry and to the point, LMAO.

Originally posted by Starkey
Maniac checking if he smelled bad in WC4 cracked me up.

That was pretty funny.

I think Tom Wilson as Maniac brought a lot of comedy to WC III and IV. And i always liked it when he and Mark Hamill as Blair took jabs at each other.

Back