Help with start

Tiga

Spaceman
Hi people,
i started playing privateer remake yesterday. Its great i am going to be addicted to the game once again...
But How do i Start the Campaign? I Dont seem to meet impotant people in the bar. Where should i look?
Thx

TiGa

It's just like in the original... - or in real life: If you want to meet somebody important, you need to go to the important places; like, say, the sector capital...

Hmm well that should be Helen then..the Barkeeeper tells me that Tayla awaits me in Troy, well i dont see her here. Plz help!

Helen is not the capital of Gemini; that would be New Constantinople. Maybe try all of the important planets:
Oxford
New Detroit
New Constantinople
Perry

I hope you have a ship and equipment of sufficient caliber to start the real story.
Mind you, you might get through part of the story with the Tarsus, if all the equipment is up to snuff. But you may have to take time aside to trade or hunt your way to buy a good fighter and top notch equipment before you can finish the campaign. Whatever you do, don't take time aside while you are on a mission. If you find yourself needing money for new ship or equipment, then refuse to accept a campaign mission, go to make money, buy the better ship, and finally go back and now accept the mission. Else you might find yourself having to re-start the game from the beginning.

It's funny...I played Privateer a lot as a kid, but I never even knew that there was a campaign. I knew about Sandoval, but he seemed to me to be a shifty character, so I never took his missions.

Then again, the first time I played the game was...maybe 1994 or so? I remember that Win95 didn't support the speech, and I sorta lost interest after that. I was only 8-9 years old at the time, so I guess that's why I didn't notice :)

When I first played the game, I stuck to Troy for a loooong time, was making money by the trickles, buying and selling betwenn helen and the two mining bases; then eventually venturing in-system patrol missions. I did not know what the blue balls were at all. I bought the jump drive but didn't know what it was for. Then one time I hit the wrong key at the wrong place and I jumped! ;-)
At that point, I decided to read the manual, and look at the map.

All along I'd been thinking "what a great game!" :D :D :D

And then I found New Detroit, and Sandoval, and was totally blown away to find out there was a story to it too...

Back