HELP! Movie extractions (WC3, 4)

Klaitu

Spaceman
I've been working on a little personal project for awhile now, that is.. converting the old-style video for Wing Commander 3 into DVD compatible format. Step 1 is obviously to extract the videos out of the game itself, but I ran into a little snag..

Wing Commander 3, Disc 3, Movie 35 (the funeral scenes) does not seem to extract properly. There's an identical movie on Disc 4 which also has the exact same extraction problem. I've tried two of the extractors found on the CIC to no avail.

Does anyone have an extracted version of this video, or know a solution to my video woe?

Secondly, I've been planning on doing the same thing to Wing Commander 4, but I have a slight problem: I'm missing 2 discs (I think) and my disc 1 is mangled up and unusable. does anyone know where I might be able to acquire the movie files for WC4, or else find already-extracted versions somewhere?

Once I get everything converted, I plan on burning the coolest Wing Commander DVD ever, which I will enjoy the crap out of.

Hmm, not sure on the movie extractions.. but there's always the WCIV DVD. That has all of the video in nice DVD quality and all the files are stored as VOBs so you can play them on any machine even if the game itself doesn't like your machine (it requires a DXR card to play).

Back