Happy Birthday Tim Curry.. and LOAF! (April 19, 2023)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
LOAF realized that today is Tim Curry's birthday, which is not a milestone that I've ever registered before. Mr. Curry masterfully voiced Melek in Wing Commander 3 in one of his most underappreciated roles, so it's nice to get a chance to call this out. Happy Birthday Tim Curry!

Tim Curry has been trending all day (birthday, not dead!) and it’s great that everyone has a completely different favorite role they’re remembering. Happy birthday Melek in Wing Commander III but not IV!

But ever the humble Wing Commander servant, LOAF did not point out that he also shares this special day with his distant twin. Today is also LOAF's birthday! We're so lucky to have his insight to add add to our foundation of Wing Commander knowledge every day. Here he is in a recent visit to Gaea to do some Retro research. Happy Birthday!

--
Original update published on April 19, 2023

Happy birthday your Highness! It's an honor to have you with us.
Thank you for inspiring us for all these years!

I've found something today... a little test I that I programmed back in 2010. A sidescroller test for an Wing Commander arcade game. I didn't finish it... not yet... you know the problem of not having time. You fly an Arrow (of course) and you can fire the lasers... pressing TAB uses afterburner... nothing big... but hey, a little birthday present. Here are the pictures.

It uses parallax scrolling. In this test you just have to shoot the yellow marked bricks. Oh ... and "Onkel Rylex" is german for "uncle Rylex"... yeah I'm getting old!

aoo2.jpg

aoo1.jpg

Back