Guns in WCP

WCIV stormfires were good, but for sheer punch, you can't beat the fission cannon. Not that great against Hellcats, but awesome gainst bombers and any capship.

Best, Raptor

Thw WC4 Stormfire was great! The Stormfire in WCP, while considerably weaker was still good.
I usually use full guns in all WC games, except SOPS. There I used, except in the Vampire, almost never FG. Panther: Cloudburst, only at very close range FG. Shrike: Pulse Particles (the gun pool is just to small and recharges to slowly for the dust, plus they are mounted on the oustside) Devastator: Plasma (I think trading the Stormfire for the tachyon was no good deal). Wasp: Dust (I almost never had serious problems with energy shortage)

BTW, it is not the Chain Ion/Cloudburst combo that does not work (look at the Vampire: You have fast firing Pulse Particles and the tachyon), it is just that the chain ion is total carp, due to their incredibly short range and incredibly slow travelling speed.

Originally posted by redwolf
Full guns all the way!

The best? PLASMA! That thing cains! It rips through anything! Its fun to see a moray just split open when it gets hit with one shot

The only thing I hated about the plasma was on the odd occasion near the end of a long mission, some stupid wingman would fly in front of you as you fired on something. Next thing you know its kaboom, followed by "I can't believe you'd turn on me like that!", and its back to the start of the mission :(

Besides that though, it rocked ! I remember the first time I realised I could take out a capships engine with 2-3 shots ... missiles were now defunct :)

Wasp: Dust Cannon - Cloudburst sucks too much valuable juice.
Panther: Full guns - the Chain Ions compensate for the slow Cloudbursts, but let go every now and then to give enough energy for the next Cloudburst.
Vampire: I'd go with full guns.
Shrike: Dust cannons - full guns take up way too much power.
Devastator: Plasma, of course.

Same here. With very few exceptions (Crossbow, SO Panther) I almost never fly without full guns. What's the point of having guns on your fighter if you have them switched off most of the time?

Best, Raptor

Back