Gun Arrangement

Dragon1

Rear Admiral
Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if anybody knows where the specific location of the Tiger's Claws triple-mounted guns are located. I know large-caliber dual mounted guns exist on the wingtips of the carrier, but I cannot find a home for the triples. I remember seeing an Origin schematic once, but now I can't find it. Are these weapons known to be lasers, or could they be Plasma, AMG, or something else entirely?

Also, does anyone know the exact number of launch tubes? Is 18 correct? More or less? Location of launch tubes?

The triple-mount lasers come from Wing Commander Academy. Here's a quick and dirty chart I made a while back: https://www.wcnews.com/loaf/bengal/bengal.htm

Most of the guns on the Tiger's Claw are various calibers of lasers.

The carrier has nine launch tubes in either 'wing' and then larger bays on either side of the central hull (facing left and right).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Loaf. That chart clears things up quite a bit. It would appear that the dual-mounted dorsal amidships guns and the wing mounted side-facing guns might be the largest. I am having a difficult time finding a point of reference for the triples, so I can't really gage their size. Would you say that they were larger (anti-capship) or smaller (anti-fighter) weapons?

The only thing i don't get... is there any fiction... or maybe just theories as to why they closed off the main runway and launch bay door, in the cartoon, and then reopened it before the TX began on its way to its final destruction.

Mainly it's just an artistic thing. The Tiger's Claw has a lot of looks depending on the preference of the people who are making it at the time. From a practical perspective, it could easily have to do with launch operations. We usually seem to launch from a tube, but flight deck operations seem to be preferred for landings and large-scale "magnum" launches.

Back