German voice over

Kuppowski

Spaceman
Hi!!

Me and a few friends of mine want to create a German Standoff voice over. What we need is a complete script for translation and you need to tell us in which format you want to have the voice-over audio files.

Thank you

This sounds like a good project. (though I won't benefit from it)

AD said:
This sounds like a good project. (though I won't benefit from it)
I'd say the first step would be to create german translations of the text, keeping the english voice-overs. Making voice-overs is a very complex a tedious process.

Oh, shoot... you must be the guys who emailed us. Eder forwarded your email to me, and then I totally forgot to reply to it :(. Sorry about that (in my defence, I had crunch-time at work, working very long hours finishing off a project).

The thing is, it's not going to be that simple - in order to create a German language version, not only would you have to record the new voiceovers, but then Eder would have to rebuild all those FMV cutscenes to replace English voiceovers with German ones. Indeed, he'd have to re-render them entirely, since the voiceovers are lip-synced.

This is something of a problem for us, because Eder barely even has time to continue work on new episodes of Standoff. So, there is simply no chance for him to do this before the last episode is finished (and it's pretty much certain that episode five won't be finished this year), and even afterwards it might be difficult.

So, what it comes down to is that it's not actually a problem for us to send you the language files and all the needed information... but once you send in the voiceovers, we can't promise that we'll implement the German version in any reasonable time frame. It's even possible that we wouldn't be able to do it at all (...though that's unlikely - I mean, we respect other people's work, and if you guys would really manage to record all those voiceovers, we'd definitely try really hard to find the time for it). Still, if you guys are willing to accept that risk, then sure - we'll send you everything you need.

Hi all!

Thank you for your answers!

I would say, send me the script fils first... It will take a time to translate everything anyway because by the way I have to do my biology studies, which doesn´t give me much free time. And don´t care about re-rendering... I planned to do the voice overs lip-sync... at least in the cutscenes, the in-flight comm isn´t that important and is not really lip-sync in the English version anyway... So just let me do...

I have a project of making Portuguese subtitles for the game. Once it´s finished I´ll see if I have spare time for that. If converting all voiceovers to German proves to be impossible, German subtitles would be good...

Well i think thats a good idea... Give Starkey and me the script files, let us do our translations and than you can put German and Portuguese subtitles in the game.. that shouldn´t be a big problem for you i guess

Kuppowski said:
Well i think thats a good idea... Give Starkey and me the script files, let us do our translations and than you can put German and Portuguese subtitles in the game.. that shouldn´t be a big problem for you i guess
Hehe, actually, even that is a small problem, because it involves us preparing some kind of understandable script file - right now, the script as such exists in the form of many, many separate files (mission outlines, cutscene scripts, etc.). This is not a difficult problem to deal with, but it will take a bit of time.

Additionally, we won't be able to provide you with the Ep.4 and 5 lines for quite a while - this stuff tends to change a bit during the production of an episode, which means that until an episode is actually released, there isn't a definitive "final" version of all the lines in it.

Yeah, sometimes little things are retroactively changed when new episodes are released... It is better to wait for Episode 5 to start working on those subtitles.

Translation offer (germand voice over)

Hey, if you need someone who can help you translating, I have time and I don't need a skript. I could translate right from the game, while playing. I just found Standoff one week ago and I would love to help. If you need help, just say so.

Drayman_2001@hotmail.com

Back