Game crashs in mission 10

S

Slaughterhans

After i met the TCS Eisen and select the next mission, the game crashs within the video.

My computer:

PII 350
384MB Ram
GeForce 2MX-200
8,4GB HD
AC97 OnBoard Sound
Terratec 512i

on this maschine it completly doesn´t work ;D

486DX2/66MHz
1MB S3 Graphic Chip
SpeaFX SoundCard
540MBHD

Originally posted by Slaughterhans
on this maschine it completly doesn´t work
486DX2/66MHz
1MB S3 Graphic Chip
SpeaFX SoundCard
540MBHD

It will never work on a 486, you need at least a P166 and, still, on MY Pentium 166 it just ALMOST works... :(

What redering mode are you using.
While the whole of UE works in software mode (if you machine can handle it that is) the extros 1a and 1b only work in D3D or Glide mode. That is why we dropped software support on the last second.

Yep thats whats happened, you see the whole game EXCEPT the ending can be played in software, in order to play the ending switch rendering mode Direct3D.

You've completed the game, now its time to view the ending :)

Originally posted by Starkey
what are those?

The first cutscene right after mission 10A respectively 10B. The second cutscene would actually work again, so does the 3rd.

Originally posted by cff
The first cutscene right after mission 10A respectively 10B. The second cutscene would actually work again, so does the 3rd.
Actually, it's the other way round... the first would work, but the second would crash.

It won´t work in any mode. d3d, glide or Software. In any resolution.

486DX2/66MHz
1MB S3 Graphic Chip
SpeaFX SoundCard
540MBHD

It was just a joke

Err... i´ve got a 350MHz processor, wouldn´t it a little bit crazy to use WindowsXP???? No, i use Windows 98SE. The error is something like "UE caused a fatal error in UE.exe" (iam a german, i can´t tell you what it exactly meant in english

"After i met the TCS Eisen and select the next mission, the game crashs within the video."

In the actual video sequence or in the Engine rendered stuff.
Also if it crashes on the rendered one - in which one: The one with the Dauntless or the one with the battle group?

Did you try D3D, 16 bit, 640x480, everything disabled (in the launcher, you can keep effects in the game) and asteroids set to the farmost left position?

BTW, I've finally updated the UE page... there's a link now to Karl's FAQ. The DVD and CD cover art images are also available for download.

Back