Freespace 2 and me never remembering things...

Have you even bothered to try to understand my post? This is how I understood it BEFOR the first post and how this mix up happened. My last post was just to show, that it was a mix up and that there is no reason for a fight.

I've read your post five times and it's still not entirely clear to me what you were trying to say.

In any event, I apologize, but you should probably work on your English to help prevent these misunderstandings from happening. Freespace is not freeware; let's leave it at that.

Sure you are right there. And I'm working on it. Sadly it still denies to come over night. ;)

BTW, Wing Commander being for free was never the matter, or did I miss something?

BTW, Wing Commander being for free was never the matter, or did I miss something?

No, you didn't miss anything; I got confused. Most people who bring up "abandonware" here use it in regards to where they can download Wing Commander. I fixed it in the last edit to my post.

By international laws, the copyright of software is 70 years from creation, which seems sufficient. About the use of the word theft, it's just a commonly used shorthand. The proper legal term is copyright infringement. Softwares that are legally free now are freeware. When the copyright of software starts to run out, you can figure out some new terminology, but I think freeware should work just as good.

Back to topic: I think Freespace 2 is a great Space Simulation Game, even though it's not a great Space Opera Interactive movie. I actually like the plot, anyway.

The gameplay is really good, the graphics (thanks to the SCP - a fully legal initiative) have no peer and the missions are really interesting. For instance, you can choose to join a Spec Ops and Infiltration Unit between two tours of duty on regular flight wings...

It is undoubtedly a great game, and definitely worth 5 euro and a walk/bus trip to the store. After you buy it, go to the SCP site and download the latest version of the upgrade, which thankfully now just download and installs all the extra packages. The upgrade is really awesome, as all of us who played WC Saga can tell.

I find it cool to see how many dedicated gamers in other gaming forums share fond memories of FS1 and 2, just like we do with all Wing Commander games. The intro and ending movies of both games are truly stellar.

Back to topic: I think Freespace 2 is a great Space Simulation Game, even though it's not a great Space Opera Interactive movie.

I hate... so much... about the things that you choose to be.

I'm sincerely sorry if I pissed you off. Let me rephrase in a less provocative way (and without sarcasm):
"Even though freespace 2 lacks the cinematic immersion and the great characters that we love in Wing Commander, it is still a great space sim on its own."

I was just trying to joke harmlessly. I'm sorry. I had no hidden agenda or anything.

Back