Flight of the Excalibur (desktop bg)

Originally posted by Cam
Probably because the pilot is a low-poly model for the fighter, and I'm not very skilled at making humanoid figures yet. :(

Oh well, the image is supposed to focus more on the image as a whole, in my attempt to duplicate an aerial photo like those you see taken by NASA's Dryden Flight Research Center.

Yeah, I noticed.

It does look like one of those photos. I used to have this picture of an F-22 in practically the same scenery, and I saw a pic of an SR-71 being refueled from the same view.

Now if only someone had a Bearcat from that view!

-Concordia

Or... a morningstar! :D

seriously tho cam, it is amazing work, i just wish i was a millionth as talented as you at art :D

psst... im not an arty person

That is some really amazing work for a change, Cam! :) Not to mention that it's really got the feel you wanted to give it. (Yeah, so part of what makes me go "NASA!" here is the background scenery, but that still wouldn't be any fun without the Excalibur, would it? :p)

--Eder

Cam's done it again. Why don't you submit your stuff to the CIC for the Fan Art section? It's been ages since the last submission there.

BTW, the pilot does look a bit... odd, however.

That might be a bad idea Wedge. I often like to update my old images with new versions and you would be seeing constantly outdated images on the Fan Art section by me. :D

But if you want to be a professional artist, you need to get used to the idea of accepting your images as finished, even when you come up with a way to improve them two weeks later :p.

Both look pretty cool, but the Excalibur is the best. It might be just me, but there is just too much open space in the Vampire pic. And anyway, I've always liked the Excalibur better than the Vampire.

Artistically/Cinematically speaking, the Vampire image is far superior.

It's my personal favourite. I wasn't basing it off of any idea, that's probably why, hehe. ;)

When I said I like the Excal better picture-wise, I didn't mean it was artistically superior, just looks better on my desktop. I do, however, love flying both.

Ya know cam, I think that whole Starlancer->WC3 mod idea just may be possible... a little mission editing and model conversions would be all that'd be needed... Heck, we already can access(and convert) all the sounds and movies! Imagine the size of that though... we'd be talking CD ISO's to download... that much data... sheesh... it'd be worth it though, if anyone had the server that could take the punishment.

Originally posted by Manic
Ya know cam, I think that whole Starlancer->WC3 mod idea just may be possible... a little mission editing and model conversions would be all that'd be needed... Heck, we already can access(and convert) all the sounds and movies! Imagine the size of that though... we'd be talking CD ISO's to download... that much data... sheesh... it'd be worth it though, if anyone had the server that could take the punishment.

Putting the movies up for download would be very very illegal (as in, EA would sue your ass off). You'd need to come up with a way to access them from the game CDs if you actually wanted to do it, practically.

Yeah well, a project like that, you'd have to ask nicely first. Then they'd probably let you do it, and when it's almost done, they buy it off of the mod team and sell it as their own game. LOL

Originally posted by Cam
Yeah well, a project like that, you'd have to ask nicely first. Then they'd probably let you do it, and when it's almost done, they buy it off of the mod team and sell it as their own game. LOL

Pfft... EA can't even get themselves together when an actual company is porting one of their games. They'd probably find it impossible to deal with a fan project.

Back