Flight Dynamics Question

Sky777

Spaceman
Hi Everyone!

First, a big, big

THANK YOU !

I´ve played the original for months back then, ahh those were the days :) ... This is the experience and atmosphere, I missed in Freelancer. You are doing a fantastic job here!

Now my question, currently I´m flying a Demon and my flight dynamics are 100% newtonian. I mean, when I make a 180 turn, first I´m slowing down to 0 speed, and then I´m accelerating. Question: Is this intended ? If my memory is correct, the flight dyn. were much more aerodynamic and only during a shelton slight/ AB turn newtonian...?

Just want to know, if (1) something is wrong with my copy, (2) Privateer was the same (3) it´s a new feature due to the vega strike engine.

Keep up the good work (and sorry for my bad english...) ! :)

Sky777

The ships all have tremendous amounts of thrust to overcome those newtonian physics, so it plays a lot more arcade like than it could, but yeah, if you do a very quick 180 you'll still take a second to overcome inertia :)

you can increase thrust in units.csv (you can use some column operations--since it's just a spreadsheet and multiply all thrusts by 1000 then it plays even more arcadish than it is)

Thanks!

Actually I like the new feel (I´m a Frontier/FFE junkie), just wanted to clearify things... But I guess I try some modifications in the units.csv (love the mod possibilities of vega).

Sky777

the privateer physics was a mixture of newtonian and aerodynamics....

when you look at your ship in the original from an external cam (F9) and turn it around you see that it drifts! (not so much as in vega, but it does)

the aerodynamic physic like in freelancer or PRIVATEER 2 was terrible!

the Vegastrike physik is great!! keep up the good work!

Back