Flight Commander problem

to the guy who with the openGL problem...

since it is a pentium 1 class system, runs windows 98, and played prophecy i would not be surprised if a 3DFX card was present in the system...

try to find out if you have a file "opengl32.dll" in the windows/system directory.

if you don't opengl won't start simply because it is not installed, original drivers accompanying many 3DFX cards didn't install that file... it is supplied, but it is named different.

try to locate a file named "3dfxGL.dll", or something very close, don't remember exactly.. right-click the file, look in the properties for the "original name", if it says "opengl32.dll" there, copy the file to the windows\system directory and rename it to "opengl32.dll"

then try to run flight commander again...

Mace said:
to the guy who with the openGL problem...

since it is a pentium 1 class system, runs windows 98, and played prophecy i would not be surprised if a 3DFX card was present in the system...

try to find out if you have a file "opengl32.dll" in the windows/system directory.

if you don't opengl won't start simply because it is not installed, original drivers accompanying many 3DFX cards didn't install that file... it is supplied, but it is named different.

try to locate a file named "3dfxGL.dll", or something very close, don't remember exactly.. right-click the file, look in the properties for the "original name", if it says "opengl32.dll" there, copy the file to the windows\system directory and rename it to "opengl32.dll"

then try to run flight commander again...

I found a file called opengl32.dll in the windows system directory. btw Im goin away for the weekende so the earliest I'll be able to post again is sunday afternoon/evening

Back