Favorite Kilrathi Fighters

Favorite Kilrathi Fighters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hmm good point.....Here's one thing I hate having in Prophecy and Secret Ops tho...Because the space engine is a little bit more refined I guess....The "Shelton Slide" I mean granted I think it's a cool maneuver but when you can engage the slide and just keep sliding til infinity and beyond....it's kinda stupid.... so for the WC:CD mod there won't be any Shelton/Autoslide slides for fighters/bombers call it stupid or what have you but the shelton slide is a manuever right? it should be something a little different almost like a "thrust vector" instead of a slide at least that would make more sense. Or at least like a timed slide like you can only use it for a second or 2 and then back to normal anyways my random rant....Why does nobody really like the Goran is it because maybe too few have played Armada granted the design is ugly but it was pretty powerful in Armada

Why does nobody really like the Goran is it because maybe too few have played Armada granted the design is ugly but it was pretty powerful in Armada

There are few things worse than playing ChrisReid in Armada and all the sudden 10 Gorans jump your carrier. It is a great ship though.

Here's another fighter that was I think maybe a little overrated that is on our list.....the Jrathek....I remember flying this fighter and always feeling it wasn't powerful enough for some reason...like it didn't pack the punch at least in academy

Hmm good point.....Here's one thing I hate having in Prophecy and Secret Ops tho...Because the space engine is a little bit more refined I guess....The "Shelton Slide" I mean granted I think it's a cool maneuver but when you can engage the slide and just keep sliding til infinity and beyond....it's kinda stupid.... so for the WC:CD mod there won't be any Shelton/Autoslide slides for fighters/bombers call it stupid or what have you but the shelton slide is a manuever right? it should be something a little different almost like a "thrust vector" instead of a slide at least that would make more sense. Or at least like a timed slide like you can only use it for a second or 2 and then back to normal anyways my random rant....Why does nobody really like the Goran is it because maybe too few have played Armada granted the design is ugly but it was pretty powerful in Armada

Back when I was still playing Prophecy, I (like a lot of us, probably) tinkered with using different ships in Secret Ops using the ship editor. I noticed that the Thunderbolt could be maneuvered into Shelton slides very much in the style of WC1 and WC2 without using autoslide (which it didn't have). My guess is that this is because the Thud had a high mass rating and low acceleration, so when you kicked to maximum speed with an afterburner blast and turned hard right afterwards, the regular engines on military power didn't provide enough thrust to immediately assert the new vector. The Thud would slide sideways for a good two or three seconds before coming about.

Lighter, more agile ships like the Panther and Piranha wouldn't behave this way. You could use the autoslide, but when you turned off autoslide, or when you hit the burners and then turn, the engines provide enough thrust such that the fighters assume the new heading very quickly and you don't spend more than a second or so sliding along the old path.

I voted for the Vaktoth because of my favorite WC3 mission.

It was an easter egg, I assume. There was a mission in which you run across an asteroid base, and it was guarded by Vaktoths. Swarms of 'em, if I remember correctly. The rest of the mission consisted of Darkets, Dralthi, and I think more Vaktoths. I was 13 when I played through WC3 that particular time and found that mission, and I remember having the difficulty set to nightmare, and taking on those Vaktoths in an Arrow. I needed all the speed I could get, and the missile loadout didn't hurt, either.

For about a week, I'd play that mission two or three times a day, just because I really enjoyed the challenge. That mission conditioned me in dealing with Vaktoths, and I've never had trouble with them since! They've become one of my favorite Kilrathi fighters (next to the ever-popular Dralthi, the Krant, and the Jalkehi).

WC3 was the one I play most, and the fighter I struggle most against is the K'Ha'Haf asteroid fighter. They take ages to kill, have fairly decent guns, and seem to hit me with mines a lot.

But my favourite is the Strakha. I always wanted to fly a similar kind of fighter, but Confed never get one...

Krant, Jalthi, Vaktoth.

I was shot out of enough fighters by Krants and Jalthi to have respect for them (Khajja always seemed to have my number), and the aesthetic of the Vaktoth design appeals to me in a big way.

WC3 was the one I play most, and the fighter I struggle most against is the K'Ha'Haf asteroid fighter. They take ages to kill, have fairly decent guns, and seem to hit me with mines a lot.

But my favourite is the Strakha. I always wanted to fly a similar kind of fighter, but Confed never get one...

Not to mention that the K'ha'haf was also nearly as fast and agile as the Vaktoth. ^_^

Killing Strakha in a Longbow takes liberal use of the rear turret.

Even tho the Darket and I used to hate it, is an easy kill when your in a heavy fighter and even a light fighter, and after I've done the model...I think the Darket may be my favorite now....it just seems like a dragonfly just rippin around space

Vote People Vote!!!.....I like pancakes!!! makes you wanna goto IHOP :) ....But yea there's Dralthi's... I'm sorry the poll is only open for 10 voting options :( I wish it could have more so I could put them all in....& each...varient too

Vaktoth.

I've shot down enough of them to say that they are somewhat my favorite. But then again, I only fought them in Prophecy. The only other time I fought Kilrathi fighters was on 1 mission in WC1.

I know it's not a reconizable ship but WCP Kilrathi Corvettes should be on this poll!!

Didn`t like the design of the wc2 kilrathi ships. The wc1 designs were much cooler, but wc2 was the better game. Of course. Dralthi Mk. I and II werde the coolest ships!

Ok people, how about we start picking someing on the list! Everyone wants something that's not on the list. Just pick your favorite from the list.

Back