Darkmage: Need help with Super Wing Commander on PC

Firehawk153

Spaceman
I just bought a copy of Super Wing Commander off of eBay and I had searched the forums and saw where you had some experience in getting it to run on PC's. Could you tell me what I need to do to get it running on my computer? What the best Mac emulator would be to use with it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Firehawk153

Super Wing Commander...

which version by the way?

Are you referring to the Macintosh or the 3DO one?

There used to be a 3DO emulator hanging around these parts before... and then there's that '3DO Blaster' produced by Creative Labs.

But to run the Mac one in a PC? May I live to see that day. :)

There's no working 3DO emulator yet... people have had some luck emulating the 'Mac version on modern PCs, but I don't really know how they do it (I own a Mac and a 3DO for a reason, people;)).

... which is not an emulator. It's a hardware pass-through card. It's basically the same as sticking a slightly-less-good 3DO machine in a precious ISA slot and then shoving in through to your display (like how hardware DVD players initially worked).

I have essentially the same solution on my WC machine -- I pug a Panasonic 3DO into an external TV-in... it cost about a thousand dollars less than tracking down a 3DO Blaster, didn't require that I install a special brand of 2X CD ROM drive and didn't waste one of WC Machine's ISA slots. :)

Back