Contraband Lego Dragon Appears Online (December 8, 2023)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
I've been waiting for this day: AD has discovered the first ever bootleg Wing Commander LEGO set on AliExpress!

Here's the original source - a fantastic design by Paul Magurean.

The F-107 Lance was developed in the immediate aftermath of the Terran-Kilrathi War by the Black Lance, an elite special forces organization created by Admiral Geoffrey Tolwyn. It was designed as an all-purpose heavy fighter to be used exclusively by the Black Lance for its intended use in defending humanity in future conflicts. It was funded by the Black Lance's many elusive backers and like all Black Lance projects, was designed and tested in the utmost secrecy. Ultimately though, the Dragon was an illegally-produced spacecraft that had been fielded without the approval of the legitimate Confederation authorities.

The Dragon was a heavily-armed fighter with some of the most advanced equipment to emerge in the 2670s. It was considered the most advanced fighter since the F-103 Excalibur, boasting both a jump drive and the latest in Terran cloaking capabilities. The Lance, while large, had great speed and acceleration combined with its large weapons payload, perfect for deep-space raids, as well as atmospheric combat. Its payload could be adjusted to carry a variety of weapons, including the Flash-Pak and later, the Gen-Select Bioweapon. The Black Lance was unique in that its state-of-the-art power plant ran on a matter/antimatter format, much like that of a capital ship. The Dragon's afterburner supply came directly from the power plant, allowing the craft to conduct quick bursts of immense speed, at the cost of energy drainage in the guns and shields. However, this unique ability allowed the craft to outrun its pursuers with ease.

Note: - this MOC is a request and I never played this game, so I hope I made it as close as possible to the model in the game Wing Commander.

--
Original update published on December 8, 2023

Back