Consoles or no?

How do you feel about ports of WC?

• WC belongs on the PC. End of story.

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • Mac and Amiga ports are okay... at least they have a keyboard.

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Some of the console titles are really good.

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • Love 'em! WC SNES is what got me into WC!

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters
A CDX is a Genesis/SegaCD combo melted together into a device the size of a walkman. Also, it can be used as a walkman.

WC4 had parts cut out -- for instance, you don't get to pick between Circe and Speradon... you just go straight to Speradon. Various minor conversations and stuff like the 'walking around the Lexington' were removed. Most of it is completely un-noticable (two generic wingmen weren't in WCIVPSX, for example).

The only change mission/video wise is that the 'rescue the scientist' missions are no longer on the ground... instead you visit 3 space labs and get her from there. The briefing video is changed accordingly.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
A CDX is a Genesis/SegaCD combo melted together into a device the size of a walkman. Also, it can be used as a walkman.

Neatzoid :D

It's time, once again, to hit eeeeveryone's favorite auction site!

Thanks, LOAF :)

I voted for WC on PC, but I don't think that it's the end of the story. While I think console ports of WC games are lacking, there are clearly enough people who enjoyed their days on it, not to mention all the console-exclusive WC material out there.

If we don't port WCP to Amiga, FreeSpace will take over the universe. And we can't let that happen now, can we?

(Sorry...reference to FreeSpace being ported to Amiga. Next'll be Tachyon, then Starlancer and the X-Wing games...and all WC will have is the WC1 port! WAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!)

I wouldn't mind seeing a PS2/Gamecube/XBox port of Wing Commander Prophecy Gold. Alas, it's too late for that....

How about a new Colony Wars game on PS2 to make up for the horrid Red Sun?

Despite owning a PS2 as well I cringe when a game is made exclusive to it that requires smooth controls, ignoring the PS2 hardware limitations the gamepad just isn't as responsive and down right comfortable to use (lets not get into the X-box controller and remember that has a Joystick which makes up for the gamepad when it comes to space combat).
Gamecube wing commander.... heaven :D No way my 700MHz Geforce 2 could handle a WC game as well as the Cube

I never did like gameboys and ataris and stuff. PC games are at least not annoying.

Gotta go with PC. IT was my first way back in teh early 90's though I've not tried any of the WC ports for consoles. I'll remain ignorant I guess. :)

By teh way, I'd forgot about the PSX vesion of WC3 not involving ground scenes. So what did you do fight your way through space then get to see teh video that someone posted a few weeks ago? If that's the case I love the one Vaktoth Guarding all of Kilrah :).

C-ya

I think PC provides better gameplay, I use the keyboard rather than the joystick.

I remember playing WC on SNES, all the key combinations, I had a rough time memorizing all the bullthit.

Man, who started this stupid thread?

Wing Commander is Wing Commander, be it on the PC, Playstation, Sega CD, FM Towns or SNES! It's Wing Commander, whatever system it's on shouldn't matter jack shit.

It's Wing Commander.

Originally posted by LeHah
Man, who started this stupid thread?

Wing Commander is Wing Commander, be it on the PC, Playstation, Sega CD, FM Towns or SNES! It's Wing Commander, whatever system it's on shouldn't matter jack shit.

It's Wing Commander.

I started it... In April. BTW, if you want to find out who started a thread, it's usually helpfull to navigate your way to the last page.

Back