Confederation Class

Figured I might as well put this up here, see what everybody thinks. I've only put a few days worth of work into her, and I have more completed, just haven't rendered some more shots yet... It's the front section for my *soon to be completed* Confederation class... a slightly more realistic looking one. Well, more realistic looking than a multi-colored cartoony box anyway... Any comments?

Confederation

edit: that link isn't working .... why not?!

It seems to be their defense against outside linking... just redirect to the linker.

I'm slightly curious how you can have a more realistic giant space dreadnaught by just changing the colour and adding sticky-outy bits :)

addition: It's looking somewhat plastic-y... what kind of textures do you have mapped to it?

There, I think I fixed the links.... just copy and paste, they should work fine now....

I'm slightly curious how you can have a more realistic giant space dreadnaught by just changing the colour and adding sticky-outy bits

LOL, When you put it that way...

It's actually a LOT more than that. The modeling is taking forever... arghh... trying to make it faithful to the original and yet have some artistic licence...

addition: It's looking somewhat plastic-y... what kind of textures do you have mapped to it?

Yeah, I just threw those textures on there quick to do a render and see what I've got so far.... They'll be tweaked later... the lighting needs lots of work too. For those rusted beaten down metal parts I just used a procedural texture, the other parts are just comprised of bump maps...

I agree. Could you provide a top-side perspective? I like what you have so far, especially the look of the PTC!

Thanks guys... I'll try to do a couple more renders for you with some of the new stuff I've added on.

I like what you have so far, especially the look of the PTC!

LOL, yeah, that's pretty much how it all started, I wanted to make a cool looking Phase-Transit Cannon, then I just started to build the ship around that...

Corsair what package are you using, I'm using 3DS Max 4 (Mostly for Starlancer)

Well, that was done in Lightwave, but I'm going to try and convert her to XSI so I can use my schools equipment to render and animate her...

Cool, good luck with her Mate (btw what's she for?)

Well, LOL, I have no idea yet. Like I said, it just kind of grew off the cannon... First I'll finish the model, then do some simple animations, like a flyby, some panning camera views, or firing the main gun.... then I'll do other stuff... who knows?

Back