Confederation and Kilrathi Capital Ships

Of course, it's worth nothing that two of those numbers were made up by Fleet Tactics...

Again, though, as I said one post ago, the sizes of ships are compared by their tonnage and not their length. Length alone is a pretty meaningless statistic -- the mass of a ship will be what determines its class, because it factors in things like armor and total size rather than just how good it looks in silhouette.

Chevieblazer said:
what is the ranger made of? paper? aluminium foil? :confused:

Sugar Spice and everything Nice...

Or if that doesn't work, the Ranger is suppose to have been created in a time where weapons could not penetrate capship-shields- meaning lower priority(lighter) armor all over the hull.
That's just one thing out of a hundred possible factors... structural braces, number of structural beams, computer equipment, conduits, how mutch peanut-butter the gally is able to stock...

Chevieblazer said:
well, fleet tactics says:

Hey shitcake, did you read the disclaimer on my site?

Fleet Tactics said:
You are free to read and cherish all you like, but don't rely on it when you discuss it. By this request, I would prefer that you do not make any future arguments about WC and cite information from my website as "canon" to fuel your arguments. And if any newbie tries to argue on any internet forum "yer wrong LOAF, my (insert lame argument here) is right because Fleet Tactics has specifically said that..(insert generic content)...", I do not claim responsibility for any accusations that imply that I was the influence to your assclownery.

Whenever people do shit like this, it pisses me off because it shows you have no attention to detail, when you totally ignore shit I post on my site. Then little arguments get set up here, and I don't have much time to post much anymore and rectify the fuckups you started (I only pop in a few times here and there before muster times); as I normally spend my day getting my ass handed to me by BUD/S Instructors.

Because it's a training holiday and I have some extended time off for the next few days, I'll take the time to explain the numbers.

Reason, being. Those two numbers did not exist and are not canon. I took the 410 meter of the CVE based on Standoff (and accounted for any modification lengths that might have come from refits), and the CVA is something that's in a grey area. It wasn't from any released sources, so it was something that had to be guesstimated.

I've finished explaining myself; now hit the fucking surf and get wet and sandy.

ok, point taken. unfortunately, you site is the only one making aneffort at listing all that numbers i could find. but i'll refrain from quoting your work again. if you never call me shitcake again, that is, *ickhead

It would be best for you to take your licks, take your internet asschewing like a man, learn from your mistakes, and don't have an pissy attitude about it. Learn about what you can do better, and don't make the same mistake twice. Do a previous search of all the previous fuckheads who started to get attitudes; they didn't last very long.

"The only reward for excellence is no punishment."
-anoynomous Navy SEAL Instructor

psych said:
Do a previous search of all the previous fuckheads who started to get attitudes; they didn't last very long.

Some of them did learn from their mistakes... like me. :eek:

Edfilho said:
Hey, Psych, what is BUD/s? What are you up to, military stuff?

Yes, I am active duty Navy. Do a google on 'BUD/S', I don't like talking about what it is over the net.

Chevieblazer said:
ok, point taken. unfortunately, you site is the only one making aneffort at listing all that numbers i could find. but i'll refrain from quoting your work again. if you never call me shitcake again, that is, *ickhead
Chevie it is best not to EVER go after psych. Because he IS the destroyer of assclowns.

psych said:
"The only reward for excellence is no punishment."
-anoynomous Navy SEAL Instructor
Now that is an avatar if ever I read one. It's not true of course, you can ALWAYS get pissed on no matter what you do or who you are... but I like the no-bullshit, to-the-point manner of it.

As for the reference of Fleet Tactics by Chevieblazer, welcome to the club dude. I got swept away by the clean effective and professionnal approach of the website. Never even occured to me to do some reading outside of the Confleet/Kilrahti ship database... I gess it's because the pic and (often-times fictionnal)specs are a LOT more fun than reading the "fine print".

Dahan said:
Do we have any information on any ships during 2634 (Year of Battle of McAuliffe) and anything about 10 years prior?
Make it up as you go along, then post your info so the community can correct/advise you on it. It's a lot more when you provide some material to get the discution going.

LOAF already answered your questions. What list are you looking at? https://www.wcnews.com/ships2.shtml has the classes where they are known.
I had looked at the list and I looked at the encylopeadia and some of the ships in the list is not mention ie any historial reference

In case you didn't catch the other four times we answered this in the thread: "the Confederation has at least three classes of fleet carriers ('old style', a 'heavy fleet carrier' and the Concordia-class),"

I have not looked yet but do we have a 'schematics' of these 3 classes??

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry scrap the last quote bit, I rephrase the question. I read through the details of the Confederation class fleet carriers and I need to find the year they were put into active service.

Dahan said:
Sorry scrap the last quote bit, I rephrase the question. I read through the details of the Confederation class fleet carriers and I need to find the year they were put into active service.

Between 2656 and 2664.

You should search the board for threads on the Confederation-class. There's tons of info about 'em.

Also, the Confederation is a Dreadnaught, not a Fleet Carrier. That role falls to the Concordia class.

You can read all about it in the Concordia FAQ

Last edited by a moderator:
I have see the Concordia FAQ I am currently listing every possible know ship and class from 2629-2634 at the moment I have a list from this site plus a info from LOAFs website so I am trying to collate as much info as possible for my fan-fic

My... website?

I'm still not clear on why it wouldn't just be easier to read the post I made at the very beginning of this thread in which I answered your question.

Dahan said:
I have see the Concordia FAQ I am currently listing every possible know ship and class from 2629-2634 at the moment I have a list from this site plus a info from LOAFs website so I am trying to collate as much info as possible for my fan-fic

Oh, is that what you're doing? Why didn't you just ask (six times)?

wasnt it your website loaf?? i cant remember which thread it was but there was a site which had the main capitals ships around 2634 up to the prophecy era
it had the current ships, projected ships to be built and any ships that were destroyed

Back