component damage text/ repair system

kilolima

Spaceman
I'm using a cvs VS binary (linux) within privateer, so maybe I'm missing the latest additions, but...

1. I can't read the damage screen in the MFD or no-cockpit view because of the background image of the ship beneath it. Like in this screen shot

http://www.crius.net/zone/attachment.php?attachmentid=836

2. Now that there is a listing of damage for each component, I don't think there is a need for this image anymore. It was never that intuitive anyway (your hull damage is now 'dark red' as opposed to 'pinkish red'), and "...hull 50%" is much more readable and takes up less space (especially since the components are color-coded, nice!). In fact, you may just want to drop the percentages and rely on the colors, like the original privateer, since they also take up space and cause random newlining.

3. In the base upgrade screen, even after I 'fix' damaged items, I still can't sell them, I have to click on another different component and then back again or leave the upgrade screen. Also, I've noticed that I can buy fixes repeatedly for the same component (such as hud repair for VS).

4. What is the purpose of 'basic repair'? Maybe it cold just fix everything all at once?

cheers

kilolima

kilolima said:
2. Now that there is a listing of damage for each component, I don't think there is a need for this image anymore.
I rather like the image, especially when paired with the flashing lines indicating your ECM is functional :) I see what you mean about reading the text though

3. In the base upgrade screen, even after I 'fix' damaged items, I still can't sell them, I have to click on another different component and then back again or leave the upgrade screen.
All components have to be repired before any can be sold, thanks to the way Vegastrike currently stores upgrades. You can't just repair one item and sell it.

4. What is the purpose of 'basic repair'? Maybe it cold just fix everything all at once?
edit: was mistaken. Basic repair is used to fix stuff that you don't buy, like VDU screens

Quote:

That is exactly what it is supposed to do. For one price it is supposed to fix whatever is wrong with your ship.

I've noticed that it is always at the same price, 4995, if there is no damage, and it allows me to purchase it anyway.

To make it more clear, you could rename it from 'basic repair' to 'complete' or 'total' repair.

I rather like the image, especially when paired with the flashing lines indicating your ECM is functional :)

There's a way to see if ECM is on? How exactly?

"There's a way to see if ECM is on? How exactly?"

the flashing blue lines on either side of the ship icon in the repair screen :)

If there are none, it isn't on.

kilolima said:
I've noticed that it is always at the same price, 4995, if there is no damage, and it allows me to purchase it anyway.

To make it more clear, you could rename it from 'basic repair' to 'complete' or 'total' repair.
My price fluctuates based on my damage. But, purchasing a basic repair does not fix my armor or hull.

Back