cat-killers killing problems

Master Wooky

Spaceman
It's the first time I seeked trouble withe the kilrathi and I find it really amazing how hard it is to hit the Dralthi. I'm flying a centurion with 4 Tachs. and 20 Protontorpedos, all autotracked. With the autotracking you have no chance to hit them. I kept firing and had not one hit. Without the autotracker chances are better.
Ok, the Dralthi is no danger as the Gothri but it simply takes you hell of a time to take one down. You can even kill a Kamekh capship faster than one single Dralthi.
So, it is just me who can't fly or are there other people out there who feel that the Dralthi was much easier in the original? Is there any master method to bring them down?

In the original I once spent three hours shooting at a Dralthi with my Tarsus which was aimed with one laser.

A lot of people have stated that the smaller ships move exceptionally well, almost to the point of performing maneuvers that seem impossible to a player ship. The issue has been addressed to the dev team, and they're looking into it (among a heap of other things). A remedy may be included into the upcoming 1.1 release, but I'm not sure of that.

Meanwhile, I've uninstalled Priv2 (since I don't have the time to participate in the bug hunt), and will wait until a reasonably complete version is out. Which gives me time to replay the original version in DOSbox... ;)

Back