Can't use tractor beam?

bassgoonist

Spaceman
I bought a tractor beam as a mount enhancement, I already had automount installed, but I can't use my tractor beams! I put one on each mountpoint and when I cycle through my guns I only get my two. What is up with this?

If you want to use a tractor beam, you have to actually buy a tractor beam. Tractor capability only makes it possible to mount a tractor beam on a gun slot for when you don't feel like mounting it on a Weapon slot (or using one in a turret)

MamiyaOtaru said:
If you want to use a tractor beam, you have to actually buy a tractor beam. Tractor capability only makes it possible to mount a tractor beam on a gun slot for when you don't feel like mounting it on a Weapon slot (or using one in a turret)

AHAH! I always wondered how to describe that feature!!

using the tractor beam on the turret is very difficult!

I have to center the target and fire the beam a long time and my ship must not fly to much away from the target...

is it impossible to change the functions of the tractor beam to original priv like?

there you only have to lock the target and fire the beam as a weapon and it pulls it to your ship until its there!

in remake it takes a lot of time to beam some stuff onto my ship... :-(

Use F9 to match speed with your target, then chop your throttle to zero and afterburn to within 1000m. Turn your ship so that your turret is facing the cargo, and then you should be able to jump into the turret and tractor easily.

All turrets include tractors.
When in the turret, use G to switch to the tractor. Don't forget to switch back to the turret guns once you've scooped up the goods with the tractor. :)

Back