Calling all privateers

Originally posted by Quarto
Ack, now they're sending trash to the moon? :(

Hey seems like a good place to keep someone like Ben Laden at once we catch him....Corse I guess that goes under sending trash to the moon :)

nah, i say space the asshole and let him burn up in the atmosphere, but to this thread, why send a business card up to the moon?

They are sending them as artifacts so that their children will remember them. I don't get it myself though.

NASA should work on manned-Mars missions now.

NASA should work on manned-Mars missions now.

Totally, I feel that was somthing that they should of been more on the ball with and could of been more completed today. Or they could of started a manned mission for the moon for the ideas of colonies before Mars.

And about Ben Laden, If you were going to send him somewere in space might as well be into the sun. The only bad thing about that is the cost of the craft used to send him into it.

He's the big terrorist leader guy who masterminded the destruction of the World Trade Center. Of course, I believe they're misspelling his name.

No, I believe you're referring to Osama Bin Laden. Bin Laden. With an I. He keeps talking about someone named Ben Laden, I figured maybe I knew him...

Ehh, the Arabic alphabet has several letters that we don't have, and doesn't have several letters that we have. "I" and "E" are two such letters. There are several systems of transliteration that are used to convert Arabic into Latin and vice-versa... so, "ben" and "bin" are both correct depending on what system you use. It can even be "ibn", if you really want.

Wow... when you try to be a smart-ass it helps to be right about it...

Actually, 'ben' is a more accurate transliteration than 'bin', just as Usama is a more accurate transliteration than Osama, although Ousama would probably be better. Either way, it's just a transliteration, and it's always up for a degree of debate. While we're on the subject, though, 'bin' or 'ben' shouldn't be capitalized.

edit: hrm, I'm on the slow side today.

Originally posted by Quarto
Ehh, the Arabic alphabet has several letters that we don't have, and doesn't have several letters that we have. "I" and "E" are two such letters. There are several systems of transliteration that are used to convert Arabic into Latin and vice-versa... so, "ben" and "bin" are both correct depending on what system you use. It can even be "ibn", if you really want.

Well don't you agree that the guy isn't worth all this "english class" lession?

*Ben* is hebrew for *son of*, like *Mac* in scotish, and *Ibn* in Arabic, *Bin* is the *western* (for a lack of a proper term) version of ibn, so his name surely is Usama (or Ousama) Ibn Laden.

Originally posted by Ghost
*Ben* is hebrew for *son of*, like *Mac* in scotish, and *Ibn* in Arabic, *Bin* is the *western* (for a lack of a proper term) version of ibn, so his name surely is Usama (or Ousama) Ibn Laden.

Thats interesting considering awhile ago I heard on the news that they thought that Usama was more of a tittle or rank than a personal name. But that was awhile ago perhapes they figured they made a screw up :)

Well, i don´t know if Usama,Osama or Ousama is a name or a rank, but i think that is a name, probably a derivate of Ishma-el (God heard),

Originally posted by WildWeasel
Since he's a major player in current events, I don't see why you believe that.

I didn't say I did, i was just kidding. If you of read my post after Ghost's first one you'd see I wasn't beliving in that.

Back