Broadsword in the Concordia's Hangar

Seeing how big the Sabre is in scale to everything else makes me wonder how the Wake class CVEs could handle Strike Sabres but not Broadswords, considering from these renders, the Sabre's wingspan is equal to if not a little bit bigger than the Broadsword's.

The Sabre's wings can fold up for storage, much like the planes carried on the WWII aircraft carriers.

So I added landing gear and animation to the Sabre! Its looking pretty spiffy now. I also discovered an error in the scale of the Ferret... it was about 120% larger than it should be. That's fixed now, too!

Hmm strange...

I testet your Hangar about 2 weeks ago. Meanwhile Win8 has an update and since that I cannot run unity :(

Sorry about that Deathsnake - try loading IE from the desktop, not the metro interface. I've been told that causes problems with plugins.

So now all the WC2 fighters are in there!
The only one giving me a headache is the Crossbow - the thing is 24M long, and that's just not enough room to fit a turret on the back end. I think I might end up removing the lowermost rear engine to make space for it. :\ I just don't know.
Screenshot_59.35286.png
Screenshot_51.34579.png
Screenshot_37.30113.png

I could probably make the Crossbow tail turret smaller (maybe 80% the size) and still fit a dude in there.
Anyhow, take a look and let me know what you think!

Howie

Last edited:
I do seem to recall Hobbes complaining that the turret in Blair's crossbow was too cramped for a Kilrathi to sit properly, so I can definitely believe that it's a smaller turret than the Broadsword or Sabre turrets.

ljuin: Yeah, that's a good idea! I can move the guns down and to the sides more to make room for that awesome turret window:
Crossbow_Rear.png

Anyhow, I'm still wrapping up the Sabre, and only really have a little bit left to do on the cockpit, and then just the turret interior, which should go quickly.
I do have a new animation of the sabre taking off, hovering, and landing. It's pretty nifty!
sabreland.gif

Anyhow, take a look around the hangar and lemme know what you think!

Got an update on the Crossbow!
I've almost finished with primary texturing, and I'm moving onto the Cockpit, Turret, and Landing Gear. This is very close to the original game model - mostly modified in the areas of the cockpit, forward guns, and a little around the engines. The cockpit had to be modified to match the other in-game shots, while the guns needed to be added. I changed the engines, because...I liked how they looked.
I hope you can forgive me. :)
Crossbow_07.PNG
Crossbow_06.PNG
Crossbow_05.PNG
Crossbow_04.PNG
Crossbow_03.PNG
Crossbow_02.PNG
Crossbow_01.PNG

It's amazing what you've done so far. And it's cool that Damon decided to contribute his Bluehair to your project as I suggested. Honestly, I think that being Blair walking through the hangar contributes even more to the immersion than that technician.

Also, I've noticed that the only WC2-era Confed fighter currently missing is the Morningstar. Have you considered creating a Morningstar for your hangar?

Any chance of doing a WC1 version next?
Hehe, people are always insatiable :p. He's not even done with the WC2 version, notice that he hasn't even seriously begun working on the actual hangar itself, thus far it's just a floor. I don't know about Howard, but I personally always found it a little (not very, but a little) irritating when people would already be demanding more before I was even finished.

FekLeyrTarg: I haven't actualyl considered the Morningstar The main reason for that is that I've never really liked it, but also that it was never a main line fighter. It was only ever a prototype, if I'm not mistaken. And I can't wait to swap out the default unity dude with something more wing commander-y!
Silent Hunter: Probably not. I know it doesn't seem like much but this is a massive amount of work. I'm chipping away at it, but it's going to take me a long time to finish! I did throw a Scimitar in there, tho. It's unfinished, but pretty cool!
Quarto: It is a mite bothersome, but I've learned to adjust! :p

So, I've put paint on the Sabre, added the Scimitar, and adjusted some material settings all over the place.
http://www.hedfiles.net/ConcordiaHangar/ConcordiaHangar.html
Screenshot_81.69986.png
Screenshot_61.2191.png
Screenshot_45.10981.png
Screenshot_28.81917.png
Screenshot_8.198116.png

Enjoy, and lemme know what you think!

FekLeyrTarg: I haven't actualyl considered the Morningstar The main reason for that is that I've never really liked it, but also that it was never a main line fighter. It was only ever a prototype, if I'm not mistaken.

Actually, the Academy manual says the Morningstar "is generally recognized as the current Confederation state-of-the-art capital ship destroyer", so I'd say there's more than Maniac's test squadron flying around.

Well, then I guess I'll have to make the M0rningstar, too. Awwww. I wish I had the original art for it, that'd make it easier. :D

Well, then I guess I'll have to make the M0rningstar, too. Awwww. I wish I had the original art for it, that'd make it easier. :D
Hmm, you don't? I never checked those packages, but I thought all the WC2 models were available?

And hey, how about adding in the Pioneer fighters while you're at it? Maybe instead of the Concordia, this should be one of her sister-ships - now a museum with dozens of fantastic fighters from various eras... and a Concorde. For some reason. They have one on the Intrepid in NY :).

If it's available, it's not in the normal AN*.3ds package. I can rummage through there again, and see what I can find.

And I would really, really rather not have to add more stuff to this scene. :p There's so much on the plate already.

For some reason, I can't get the Concordia Hangar to work. The Unity web player plugin says "The content was stopped because a fatal content error was detected." I've cleared my browser's cache, updated my Unity Web Player Firefox plugin, and my graphics card drivers are up to date, so I don't know what the issue I'm having is.

Back