BREAKING NEWS: Arena Manual Available! (July 17, 2007)

Yes! That's good advice - run the network settings stuff on the dashboard and make sure your 'NAT' registers as OPEN. Mine hadn't been and it was preventing me from doing multiplayer with certain people... I had to fiddle around and open a bunch of ports on my router. It would have been embarassing if I hadn't found out before Arena time!

Guys - check out the letter of the month section. It has class names for all the ship symbols for WC3...and the one that corresponds to the Victory is called the Yorktown class. We have it folks - the Victory is a Yorktown class light carrier!

And the 'Sheffield Type' is now officially the Southampton Class Destroyer.

This is so cool!

Holy sh*t, now that's awesome! Looks like things are coming along nicely for WC: Arena...
What can I say: I finally got myself an XBox 360 Premium two days ago and ordered a WLAN adapter and my first Live Points card yesterday. You can't imagine how excited I am! No, wait - actually I guess you, of all people, can imagine... :D

Just saw and downloaded it but I will be away for the next couple of hours so I only skimmed throught the first pages.

It is wonderful, just wonderful. And beautiful. And informative. It looks perfect.

The Ranger-class in Action Stations isn't even a light carrier - it's just said to be "old". For that reason I've felt bad about forcing the Victory to be one in recent years... the reference was never intended to be anything like the Victory.

Please correct me if Im wrong but did they finally name that unnamed kilrathi emperor on page 15. (Under the Dark Inquisitor) This is some very cool stuff.

The timeline is really amazing, although I'm really curious to learn why the FRL didn't support Murragh in his attempt to take back the throne, also why they call it the FRLS Karga instead of FRLS Mjnollnir.

That and learning how Vance survived to then "come out of hiding" to help Bondarevsky fight against Confed (must have been quite the battles as Tolwyn vs Bear/Richards would have been filled with a lot of emotion for both sides).

I'm sure Andrew is smiling down on this to see that his ideas for FC sequels were entered into WC lore.

EDIT: Yeah I guess we do now have a name for the Kilrathi Emperor, Jorr'rad. Yeah!

This guide is like a navigational crossroads for all the WC lore we've had previously. Questions are answered, new material is given, things are made clearer. Its as if someone finally decided to put all their ducks in a row to help the fans, and to that we are forever in their debt.

Also - the fan service is not only tasteful but plentiful as well. I see a lot of names I know and its great to have the fans get some serious acknowledgement.

Long live the Confederation!

I agree, a pretty cool manual.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the manual stating that Kevin "Lone Wolf" Tolwyn is still alive and flying? Am I remembering wrong that he died in Fleet Action? Just curious, and I don't have a copy of Fleet Action, so I can't correct myself if that is the case.

I agree, a pretty cool manual.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the manual stating that Kevin "Lone Wolf" Tolwyn is still alive and flying? Am I remembering wrong that he died in Fleet Action? Just curious, and I don't have a copy of Fleet Action, so I can't correct myself if that is the case.

He survives. He has to eject at one point and is exposed to radiation from the A-M mines going off on the Hakagas. He is found afterwards and Adm. Tolwyn goes to see him, he also answers the question he asks...."Yes, we won."

He can be found in FC and is thanked in the AS intro for his help with the research.

Am I remembering wrong that he died in Fleet Action? Just curious, and I don't have a copy of Fleet Action, so I can't correct myself if that is the case.

You are remembering wrong - he's rescued at the last minute at the end of the book. He went on to be one of the main characters in False Colors, a post-Kilrathi War story.

The timeline is really amazing, although I'm really curious to learn why the FRL didn't support Murragh in his attempt to take back the throne, also why they call it the FRLS Karga instead of FRLS Mjnollnir.

Andrew pitched that story as being that of "Bonnie Prince Charlie" with Murragh... the Landreich are presumably the French in that allegory, who abandoned Charles after a storm crippled their fleet.

Reading the ''Best of the best'' noticed this pilot:
Jennifer ''Phoenix'' Blair
Is she supposed to be related to Chistopher Blair?

Back