Brazilian Mag Review Highlights WC3 for 3DO (July 23, 2022)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Guilherme Poggiali sent along this Ação Games scan of a vintage 3DO review of WC3 from Brazil. Look at that crazy header art! Classic '90s magazine formatting has such a distinctive style. It's always fascinating to see what they choose to point out, such as the detailed diagram of what each cockpit/HUD element is. That speckled starscape background doesn't help legibility, but again, it sure is a product of that era.

--
Original update published on July 23, 2022

Guilherme Poggiali is yours truly!! Been away for some time but my love for WC and this community is forever!

STARKEY! So wonderful to see you and doubly so learning you are still a Wing Commander fan. Do not be a stranger!

The scan is also wonderful; I had to look up when it was published and was surprised to find it was August 1995. Which is very interesting as the Hellcat in the header is a promotional render for Wing Commander IV!

I've solved the mystery of where the Wing Commander IV Hellcat came from. It's from the exclusive cover rendered for the June 1995 issue of Electronic Entertainment, which was Wing Commander IV's big press debut. Here's that scene:

... and if you look at the left wing in the 3DO magazine you'll see they literally cut it out of the original picture leaving part of the nebula visible!

Back