Boston Red Sox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Cow

Spaceman
Hey, I don't know if there are any baseball fans out there, but the Boston Red Sox are one win away from winning the World Series for the first time in 88 years.

Is there anyone out there that lives in Boston? If the Sox win, I would really like to get a copy of the Boston Globe from the day after. If there's anyone that can help me, please let me know.

I go to UNH in NH and believe me anyone with 200 miles knows that our beloved Sox are so close to obtaining that ring we so desire.

I can probably get you a copy of the globe announcing the end of the series (can't call it just yet) just PM me with your address and such and I'll see what I can do.

Here we go RED SOX! Whose your daddy yankee bitaches!

But if the Sox win, the curse will be broken and the Sox will no longer be the only team with a curse. Except whoever has A-Rod, but that's not the same thing. They'll be just like any other team. Nothing special. :D

Being from Maryland, home of the Orioles, I'm accustomed to disappointment. Though I despise everything Massachussetts stands for, I adopted the Red Sox when I started attending school up here in New York.

Also, I hate the Yankees.

In short, GO SOX!!

I can't remember the original journalist who said it, but David Halberstram quoted him.

The Red Sox killed my father, and now they're coming after me.

That's so true, isn't it? I've heard so many stories of Sox fans who've lived their whole lives and died never seeing the Sox win, which is espcially bad considering the heartbreaks in '46, '67, '75, '86, and '03. And to think I may be able to see all that end. I won't put a curse on it. So, I'll just say this. I love this damn baseball team.

The curse is about to be switched....no longer is the babe the source of the Sox's problems. The curse of A-rod has begun...look at his playing history and what has happened to the teams after he has left.

Sorry yankees this is the Red Sox's century....

"A Red Sox Fan's Prayer"

Our Red Sox, who art in Fenway; Johnny be thy name; Thy bat is swung; Thoust hits homeruns; In the Bronx, against the Yankees; Give us this day our 30 rack of Bud; and forgive us our rioting; as we forgive those who rioted along with us; and lead us not into degradation; but deliver us a World Series. Amen.

Dan lives in New York? LOAF lives in Texas? Chris Reid lives in Seattle? What happened to us, man?

well i really didn't care about baseball until i watched one game with some Red Sox's fans, that basically ruined it for me. i don't like the yankees but i hate Boston more so i guess u can call me an anti-boston fan. i'm gonna shut up now and go watch Jesus hit some more home runs. yeah...go anti- boston fans!

no man, no.

its not over yet. lets not forget the yanks dominated the first half the alcs, and your beloved sox came back to win it. if you can do it, the cardinals surely can.

that and god will surely not let the sox win, its a curse ya know, you just can't get rid of a curse. the entire team would have to sell their soul to win.

they probably did and for one thing that bothers me about the Sox's is how dirty there helmets are. it looks like R. Kelly was on top of there helmet.

Ripper said:
But if the Sox win, the curse will be broken and the Sox will no longer be the only team with a curse.
There's still the Chicago Cubs..
d3r3k said:
its not over yet. lets not forget the yanks dominated the first half the alcs, and your beloved sox came back to win it. if you can do it, the cardinals surely can.
But the Cardinals don't have Pedro or Schilling.

Well, its over and the Sox have won!
Ding dong the curse is dead! The curse is dead! The curse is dead! Ding dong the wicked curse is dead!

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes!
Yes!
Yes!
Yes!

Screw 1918! Screw the Yanks! SCREW THE CURSE! The Boston Red Sox have won the World Series! 11 days ago, they were down 0-3 against the Yankees in the ALCS, eight wins later, they've WON THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!!!

What is there to say? I don't know. I don't know how to put this into words. I'm a young man, so I don't know what it feels like to get married. I don't know what it feels like to father a child. However, I know what it's like to see the Boston Red Sox win the World Series, and it's really freaking good. I just got off the phone with my dad, and through the sobs of happiness, I could tell how much this means to him. I'd like to talk to my Grandfather about this, but unfortunately he passed away three years ago and never saw his beloved Sox win the Series. I'd like to think that this is for him and all those other Sox fans who lived their whole lives without ever seeing the Sox win. They won it. Every year, we always say, "This is the year."

This was the year.

Congrats to Boston! May it be the first-- well, actually, the sixth-- of many more. Man, I'm grinning when I type that and I'm not even a Red Sox fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back