Blast Off With Another New Video (May 11, 2007)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
The internet's gone Arena video crazy since EA showed the game off at their Summer Preview 2007. Yet another new video has been released, and this time it comes from GameVideos.com. "Blasto" reveals the well-armored F-27 Arrow Guardian participating in a coordinated defense/assault. A Terran pilot takes a few pot shots at a Kilrathi battlecruiser before pulling back to defend against incoming Dralthi and Paktahn. You can stream the new clip here or download the medium res clip in two formats.

--
Original update published on May 11, 2007

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes great images, on lore vise wonder if they are equiped with autotracking weapons and if its become standard. Yeah I know on Xbox it would be bit hard to paly without autotracking, but I thought id bring it up "food for thought" so to speak.

Actually, I don't think the game has autotracking...
Hmm at some times I could swear some of the shots tracked, but having watched it again they were calculated shots, so much for that. Guess the manual aiming system is better then I thought.

It's pretty cool that the Arena people actually read our forums. Sean Penney popped into wingnut the other night to answer this question.
#wingnut said:
<LeHah> Hows things going, Sean
<Sean> pretty good
<LeHah> Glad to hear it
<Sean> saw a question in the forum about missiles
<AD> Sounds like that summer preview thing went over pretty well
<Sean> there are heat seekers
<Sean> yeah it went well I did about 8 video interviews
<LOAF> What was the question?
<Sean> something about manual aiming and auto aiming
<AD> Don't you have to hover the cursor over the target for a bit to get a lock or something?
<LOAF> Ahh, that was about guns
<Sean> oh
<Sean> the cursor turns red
<LOAF> In some of the WC games there are guns t hat automatically lead your targets
<Sean> u get a box
<Sean> fire hat seeker
<LOAF> "autotracking"
<Sean> heat
<LeHah> Oh neat
<Sean> if u dont get the box
<Sean> they still heat seek
<Sean> ~~~
<Sean> but they don't have a specific target
<LOAF> Yeah, we saw the missile lock in one of the videos last night
<Sean> I misunderstood the post
<Sean> there's no auto tracking for guns
<Sean> suck it up buttercup and work on your skillz :p

Yeah, Sean has been popping into #wingnut lately, it's really great to be able to talk directly to the guy who's leading WC at this point and the fact that he cares so much about what came before and respecting it.

Back