Best movie quote

Meh, Maestro didn't bother me that much. He had a couple of funny lines inflight. But I didn't really understand this one: "Hey! Pick on somebody you're own... um, never mind."

i didn't get that line either.... there were some really corny lines in WC:p... Hawk had a few... like "I'm a good pilot, I'm still alive"

This was good:

Shepards Prayer: "Dear Lord, please don't let me f^ck up."

Originally posted by Millzy
i didn't get that line either.... there were some really corny lines in WC:p... Hawk had a few... like "I'm a good pilot, I'm still alive"

Espeicaly the Comms Officer

"The unknown future rolls toward us and I look at it for the first time with a sense of hope because if a machine, a Terminator, can learn the value of human life, maybe we can too." -Sarah Connor, Terminator 2: Judgement Day, 1991

That's my favorite movie quote.

Yeah, I loved the irony in that, like the bit where Sarah thinks that of all the would-be fathers, the T-800 was the only one who came even close.

"If only you'd seen what I've seen with your eyes." Roy/Rutger Hauer, Blade Runner. I always laugh when I look at what Leon does with 'your' eyes a few seconds after that. :D

And there's always...
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attackships on fire off the shore of Orion... I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments... will be lost... in time... like... tears... in the rain. Time to die." I suppose Vangelis' music had a lot to do with it, but still: Blade Runner is a quality-movie.

There's probably a fair bunch of quote from Ciderhouse Rules, but I don't remember those. The only one I do remember is "Good night you princes of Maine, you kings of New England" and it only matters when Tobey Maguire says it.

Thats Independance Day isn't it?
Best Quote, hmm

Hannibal : Hello
<Slashes Sardinians throat>

Re: Best Movie Quotes

I've gone through the ones that you guys said to pass comment on, and I'll put a few of my own at the bottom.

Originally posted by Viper61
How about the entire speech from ID4? "We will not go quietly into the night! . . .". I get a little tear in the corner of my eye evertime I see that! :)

C-ya

Me too. I think you even see Michael Jordan in there. If it's not, it sure looks like him. Sounds like him too.

Originally posted by LeHah
Correction:

Cyclops (to Wolverine):
"Wait; how do we know it's really you?"

Wolverine:
"You're a dick"

Cyclops:
"Oooooook..."

Pure Wolverine.

...from "Top Gun"(Hondo, chewing out Maverick):

"..son, you're ego's writing checks your body can't cash"...

Excellent use of metaphor; LOVED it:..so true, of so many, so often in life!...:cool:[/B]

I can just see Angel doing this to people like Maniac or Hunter.

Originally posted by Wulf
"Private Pile, I'm gonna give you three seconds, exactly three f***ing seconds, to wipe that stupid grin off your face before I gouge out your eyeballs, and skull f*** you!"

R Lee Ermey from Full Metal Jacket

Full Metal Jacket had a lot of good lines. My fave is the donut scene.

Originally posted by Wedge009
"You know, thinking about this again, it seems Thrakhath was nice enough to concede that Humans did have some brains to scoop out. :D

See the quote below for my thoughts.

Originally posted by K1nG Gr4H4m
"Are you talking to me?"
In one of those famous movie with Robert De Niro
[/QUOTE

Yeah, that's what I'd say to Tharkhath's comment.

Originally posted by TopGun
T-800 "Sarah Connor?"
Sarah Connor "Yes"
Bang

Hey, condensing scenes so they're short and to the point like this one really does work.

Now, for some of my fave quotes.

"The Kilrathi do not coexist." Angel, Heart of the Tiger.
Love the way it's said too. Calm, but still showing that she's a badass. Yeah yeah I know it's not a movie quote but Wing Commander is at least better than some of the stuff out there, so gimme a break.

"I GOT FOUR QUEENS!" Maniac, The Price of Freedom.
Tom Wilson at his best. My, how I laughed.

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." Rowdy Roddy Piper (forgot the character's name), They Live.
Emulated a hundred times.

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and a finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." Jules, Pulp Fiction.
How anyone can look past this is beyond me.

"I know what you're thinking. You're thinking 'did he fire six shots or only five?' Now to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kind of lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask your a question. 'Do I feel lucky?' Well do ya punk?" 'Dirty' Harry Callehan, Dirty Harry.
One of the best movie quotes ever, if not the best.

"Go ahead. Make my day." 'Dirty' Harry Callehan, Sudden Impact.
The phoqing leader of the free world quoted these five lines that changed the world forever, so it must be good.

Back