Been thinking about ports of old games...

Originally posted by LeHah
All Wing Commander is essential.
I already said that, silly. I was simply stating what I would choose if I had to do such a thing, which was what was requested by The Naughty Rabbit in the first place.

Privateer is great, but it is quite different from the main WC games, and may not be what you expect. It's very much a free universe - when I first played it, I hit all the nav points in the Troy system... and then wondered why nothing happened. :)

Originally posted by Millzy
...and since i don't own it, i'm not going to out and find it.
Odd that you won't go out and find it (not that it's difficult in the least bit,) because you don't have it. Are you saying you would if you did? Curious...
Originally posted by Manic
Dude, I built a 486 just to run it. It's THAT good.
Dude, building a 486 is easier than boiling rice, that's not saying much.

i'm not going to find it to play it... i saw the game once but i didn't like the look of it... that was when it first came out... maybe there is some sort of a good quality in it but i never saw it at the time...

It is the ULTIMATE GAME. It cannot be judged in a few minutes of viewing, it needs to be played for years before one can grasps it's complex yet simple nature. It is round when it seems square, it is dark yet bright. IT IS THE BIZNITCH! YOU CANNOT DEFEAT THE DRAKHAI!

if you don't play privateer you really are an idiot. it has the best gameplay out of the entire SERIES. you can run it on a new p4 with a soundblaster live IN WINDOWS. you don't need an old crap box to run it. it's the best game you'll ever play. to insult it is to insult yourself because you've never played it.

Mmmm...privateer

i saw the game once but i didn't like the look of it

You shouldn't just dismiss it so easily. If you enjoy all of the other WC games, give Privateer half a chance. I'm positive you'll feel like a fool for missing out. Seriously, take a chance and pick it up, you won't be sorry...

Originally posted by Frosty
Dude, building a 486 is easier than boiling rice, that's not saying much.
Actually, considering I boil rice nearly everyday and have never built a computer before, I'd have to say that the reverse is more true...

Originally posted by Millzy
...but I didn't like the look of it...
Didn't like the look of it? When I first saw Privateer (which, admittedly, was an EA Classics re-release), I couldn't wait to scrounge the $A20 (~$US10) to buy it - it was another WC game to play!

Originally posted by Dynaco
...its complex yet simple nature...
Now, there's an odd contradiction. :)

Originally posted by Darkmage
You can run it on a new P4 with a SoundBlaster Live IN WINDOWS. You don't need an old box to run it.
Some might disagree, but don't let that put you off.

Well *I* build a 486 every day and I've *never* boiled rice, so... that proves something!

Wait, I've never built a 486. You can just buy fully-build 486s for like four dollars.

I was only making a comment about Frosty's comparison, which - for my personal experiences - I thought was a bit odd.

Outragous analogies and the Chat Zone are like sting rays and manta rays -- you can keep them in the same giant tank.

Back