autotracking for missile mounts bug?

kilolima

Spaceman
When I purchased an autotracking enhancement for a missile mount, I noticed:

1. There is no way to sell the autotracking again becuase it doesn't show up under the upgrade listing for your ship.

2. I'm not sure, but it seemed to cost much less than the 90k.

3. Autotracking for torpedoes works even though my radar can't support autotracking yet. Also, there is no little blip on screen.... or is this what the advanced radar does?

I LOVE autotracking with torpedos, great fun to kill things at long range!!

Personally, I liked the fact that talons were very hard in .9b, and making them a 2 missile kill like the original is a bad idea... realistically, if they are such a death trap, then why are they so popular? They should be able to make short work of a tarsus, not the other way around.

Checked the buy price of autotracking, it says 90000, but only costs 50000, for missile or gun mounts. (under linux .9b)

correct, the blip on the screen (lead indicator) is provided by advanced radar. Autotracking should not work without it - it' strange if it does with torpedos.

The price fluctuates, like everything in the game due to the dynamic nature of the marketplace. It is possible to nail it down like we've done with the cargo, though at this point changes must have a really dire need :D

The price fluctuates, like everything in the game due to the dynamic nature of the marketplace. It is possible to nail it down like we've done with the cargo, though at this point changes must have a really dire need :D

I can see that the price changes, but it doesn't change the quoted price in the upgrade screen. So it says it costs 90k and it only costs 50k. What's worse, is that if you have less than 90k you can't even buy it (the text is red and un-selectable)

My torp launchers were tracking with autotracking installed but with a basic radar. Kinda cool, but I guess a bug...

cheers,

kilolima

Back