Always Up for Arrow Art (October 16, 2023)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
We're a sucker for a good physical Wing Commander model, and Conrad Teves recently made a slick one! He printed this Arrow light fighter a few weeks ago, which happened to be just in time for Wing Commander Armada's 29th birthday. A lot of people closely associate this ship with Wing Commander 3, but it appeared in Armada first. Arrows even take up a pretty big chunk of the box cover!

Made a 3d print of the Arrow. Here it is fresh off the printer.

--
Original update published on October 16, 2023

Beautiful and must be about the size as my 3D printed Arrow model, which has been printed and painted by Adam Burch back in 2013.

It is more than 20 cm long (about 21-22 cm I guess) ... I didn't take the glass cabin off to take the photos.
I love it.
;)

@ Chris or LOAF ... if you like, you can publish it in the news, too.

Attachments

• IMG_7842.jpg
    IMG_7842.jpg
    508 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_7846.jpg
    IMG_7846.jpg
    543.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_7843.jpg
    IMG_7843.jpg
    629.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_7845.jpg
    IMG_7845.jpg
    607.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Alex - this was a heartbreaking, frustrating, terrifying project but it came at just the right time when my wife and I were expecting our first child, money was incredibly tight, I was incredibly overworked and underpaid and the future was very much in doubt. You put up with my lack of communication, amateur abilities, hubris, doubt, aarogance, frustration and paid your bills on time. I can't thank you enough! I'm very proud of the final product but it nearly didn't come off. I still remember coming home from work seeing that I hadn't properly de-greased the VERY greasy 3d print. My wife and I spent the whole night sanding so I could re-spray in the morning. The money had already been spent, we HAD to make it work!

I'm annoyed to see the blue paint coming off! If I ever make it to Germany, I'll bring my touch-up paint and fix it for you, no charge. You couldn't have known, but this project saved us. Thank you again, from the bottom of what is officially called my heart.

Alex - this was a heartbreaking, frustrating, terrifying project but it came at just the right time when my wife and I were expecting our first child, money was incredibly tight, I was incredibly overworked and underpaid and the future was very much in doubt. You put up with my lack of communication, amateur abilities, hubris, doubt, aarogance, frustration and paid your bills on time. I can't thank you enough! I'm very proud of the final product but it nearly didn't come off. I still remember coming home from work seeing that I hadn't properly de-greased the VERY greasy 3d print. My wife and I spent the whole night sanding so I could re-spray in the morning. The money had already been spent, we HAD to make it work!

I'm annoyed to see the blue paint coming off! If I ever make it to Germany, I'll bring my touch-up paint and fix it for you, no charge. You couldn't have known, but this project saved us. Thank you again, from the bottom of what is officially called my heart.

Dear Adam, thank you very much for giving me this insight into your life back then. I am all the more pleased if I was able to make a positive contribution to the start of your family with my order.
At the time, I really thought back and forth about whether I should really order this Arrow, as I had lost my job myself at the time and also lost my severance pay due to the company's insolvency. I'm glad that I ordered the Arrow - and I don't believe in coincidences either, as I'm a devout Christian myself. God arranged it so that I could do something good with my order... and that makes me all the happier after so many years.

And please don't worry about the fact that the blue color has already receded somewhat. Rylex has simply flown his Arrow a lot and the ship has taken a few knocks in the fight against the cats, so to speak ;-)

If you ever visit Germany, let me know. You are cordially invited and welcome here at my home!

My best wishes to you and your whole family!

Alex "Rylex"

Back