Action Stations. . .

Originally posted by Ghost

I thought that the majority of the fighters in WCP were designed after the Kilrathi War.

They were based on technologies and requirements post-Kilrathi War, but they were designed by people who cut their teeth on cutting-edge designs during the Kilrathi War.. which means a wealth of practical experience is available now.

Then everything in the WCU is bassed in War technology and influenced by the war (with the exception of the Jump Drive)

mmhhh...my mind

And as my only contact with the WCU is the games (and their manuals), and the games are about thirty-something years of war and barely speaks of anything but war and that a civilization makes advances faster in wartime than peacetime and mostly, these advances, are based and/or applied to the war effort or instruments to fight the war, and after the war they are applied to other things (like medicine,astronomy,etc).
But maybe *Everything* was a big word.

While the WCP fighters do carry a large number of missiles (particularly the bombers and the rocket pod equipped Tigershark), I think the real increase in missile payloads came with WC3. The WC2 fighters had more missiles than the WC1 fighters, but there were still only a couple of missiles of each type loaded onto the fighter. WC3 had fighters that carried three missiles per hardpoint,, and some of the fighters had as many hardpoints as the WC2 fighters had missiles.

Back