3D render: Banshee and Arrow

Howzat

Spaceman
Hey guys, I thought you might like to see an image I just finished. It's my first Wing Commander scene and I apologise in advance if something isn't technically accurate, but it has been a looong time since I've played the games. Would an arrow be pushing shit uphill to take a banshee?

Many thanks to the mesh authors for releasing the models.

09-434438.jpg

That's REALLY FREAKING GOOD. The demi-wings on the Arrow seem a bit flat, though. And the Banshee sorta lacks a paint job. ;)

Still like it though. I especially like the background - in the era of nebulous backgrounds being in vogue you've gone with a good old fashioned starscape. +2 points.

That's very good. Now if you could apply some shield hit effect to the Banshee like seen in the WC4 cutscenes I'd have a new background for my desktop. :D

Lookin GOOD! I especially like the Greg Martin-esque background style you got goin. Looks great man!

The only things I think you could improve on are perhaps some engine exhaust glows and some motion blur on the fighters for added realism.

Thanks for the comments guys :cool:

Motion blur definitely would have helped, unfortunately I was stupid and parented the lights to the banshee and don't have enough time to go and unparent everything so I can move the ship.
I would love to have done a scene with some cool shield effects but unfortunately it's a bit beyond my capabilities at the moment :)
Software used was Lightwave 7.5. The best bang for your buck for 3D software bar none.
And good pickup Cam, I used Greg Martin's tutorial to give some life to my Lightwave point cloud star field ;)

I have yet to see a fanmade Dragon model that turned my crank quite like the ones from the game, unlike most of the recent Standoff and Saga work. :s Definitely going to scope out the pages of the modellers if they have them.

Back