13 years and no Star Citizen!!

Now I would like to put my two cents in too :)

Now I am 55 years old and I am still a child of Space Games. My favorite games ever will always be Wing Commander series.
When I saw in 2012 that Chris Roberts was funding a new Wing Commander I was as excited as any fan of the game.

On the Kickstarter page you can still find the videos that were presented back then how the game could look like. I almost felt at home again. Recently I watched the video again, of course the graphics have changed since then by dimensions but I would still like to play this then announced game. That would be closer to the old Wing Commander from the feeling.

Now, after 11 years, almost everything about the game has changed, as it was once certainly planned.
But... He had announced from the beginning that he was going to make the best PC game there is. He obviously took that very literally.
Where are we now in 2023? I can look forward to my retirement lol. Joking aside.
We see two games developing in parallel. SQ42 is the game everyone is waiting for.
When I saw the demo of the game recently, I can't wait for it to come out (as long as I'm still able to operate a joystick).
The other is the gigantic Star Citizen universe.

Considering that back then you could only enter the hangar and drive around in a polo, the game has evolved a lot since then.
What annoys me personally is that so many concept ships were developed, but already from the older ones the fewest are in the game. It would be good to just finish what has been announced for a long time and then develop new vehicles again (yes I know, the money has to come from somewhere) But for those who have been supporting the game since 2012 like me, it would be honest.

To get to the end (I'm getting so lost) Personally, I'm looking forward to the game.SQ42 is within reach.
Star Citizen is playable and you really have the feeling of being in space. There are so many locations on moons or worlds to explore. With the spaceships or with vehicles or on foot ;)
I don't think any game developer has ever done what has been done so far. Therefore, I will remain faithful and continue to be surprised what is still coming ;)

But that was enough now. :)

I would like to apologize for my bad english and hope that you understand what I tried to say.

Stay healthy your CPT_Stingray

Last edited:
Back