Category:Wing Commander: False Colors
|Wing Commander: False Colors|
|English language cover, Baen Books. Note the misprint on the cover of William H. Keith instead of Andrew Keith.|
|Author(s)|| William R. Forstchen |
|Cover Artist||Gary Ruddell|
|Language(s)|| English |
|Retail Price|| U.S. $6.99
|Autographed Title Page of False Colors. Author Andrew Keith making light of the misprint on front cover|
False Colors marks the end of the Baen Books' line of Wing Commander novels. Andrew Keith, who died unexpectedly shortly after the books publication, had tentative plans for a pair of sequels to False Colors (involving Prince Murragh's return to power and then a war between the Landreich and the Confederation). More information (including an interview with the authors and a preview chapter!) can be found here.
- MORE WAR . . .
- A desperate attack on the Kilrathi homeworld had
- succeeded in destroying the entire planet, including
- the Emperor and his warlords. The surviving Kilrathi,
- on warships and on their colony worlds were
- hopelessly demoralized and had sued for peace. The
- catlike warrior race was no longer a threat to Earth and
- its colonies. Thirty-five years of war had finally come to
- an end, bringing peace in our time. They thought. . . .
- The reality was more ominous. There were still
- plenty of independent Kilrathi warlords surviving,
- commanding a formidable array of warships and
- weaponry. Some wanted revengve on the apes who had
- destroyed the sacred homeworld, some wanted to set
- up their own new empires, and some were simply
- content to go pirate, raiding human colonies at will.
- But back on Earth, the war-weary people and their
- leaders turned a deaf ear to reports of Kilrathi
- belligerence, preferring to look forward to a peaceful
- and prosperous future.
- But it was only the calm before a new storm. . . .
Around The World
False Colors was never published in Germany.