YOU'RE INVITED: our custom leaderboard...

NuAngel

Rear Admiral
A leaderboard for the Wingnuts has been created.

I encourage everyone to join - but if you don't, I might add your gamertag to the list anyways. ;) I think I have the ability to do that!

Right now it looks just like my gamercard, because I'm the only person on the list - but let's make it grow. Just click on the picture itself to join (what I hope you don't mind me calling) our leaderboard.

Nu

I'm not going to try to tell you how to run the leaderboard, but if you do have the ability to add someone without their direct involvement (though I don't think you can, since you have to register at mygamercard.net first before you can join) you may want to consider against using that functionality. Even if it doesn't do anything to the person so "volunteered", it is somewhat inconsiderate to do so without at least giving the person a chance to make their decision on the subject.

Rational? Possibly not, but then again humans are rationalizing animals, not rational ones. :p

What is a custom leaderboard? I haven't played on Xbox Live very much yet and haven't heard of this before. I'll probably join once I know what it is :p

Basically it's a third-party (not MS) tool to keep track of how people with interests in the same games/genres stack up against one another. Kinda-sorta like the Standoff sim scoreboards here at the CIC.

Yeah, I don't really intend to add people against their will - it showed me a place where I could add names automatically - but I don't know if it would really work. Though I wouldn't do it, I don't think it would be a big deal if I did - people can set their Xbox Live profiles on Private - or let me use them freely. ;) But I won't.

I remember when I joined MGC, it took a few days for me to get on a leaderboard... weird membership process... but please don't be affraid of it. I encourage more people to join!

Nu

And just for clarification... I suppose the 'purpose' of a custom leaderboard is so that ''you and your friends" can compare scores in games, etc... it's like the leaderboard that's built in to your console, but over time, as you add more friends from more online games - your leaderboard will have names on it that you would just as soon forget - but some names that you just don't want to delete (there are just some people that make certain games more enjoyable - like having the guy that exploits the Gears of War glitch on your team, or the guy in his 20's who REMEMBERS the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arcade game...).

So as your friends list on Live gets populated, and you want to keep track of your 'real' friends scores, you can have your custom leader board. Also, being a part of certain leaderboards can show your affiliation - you can be a member of "Deac's Blades" from the Unscripted forums (only the top 50 get real recognition), you could be on the board for GamerTagRAdio, or even http://xbox360fanboy.com - so for some, it's a way of choosing sides.

I just though the WingNuts needed their own - not only for this site, but for the upcoming ARENA fanboys world wide. :)

Nu

Hey - this seems like a good idea... please feel free to add me to the list (I'm sure I'll figure it out myself at some point).

Added you, LOAF.

Wonder why this thing keeps showing my old Gamerpic? I thought I changed it... I'll have to work on that. Maybe I just changed my 'personal' or 'friends' one or whatever.

Nu

or the guy in his 20's who REMEMBERS the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arcade game...).

That would be me, I played it in the arcades, and also have the NES version... and I totally forgot how much harder the arcade version was (although I did remember that it didn't have as many stages or bosses).

That would be me, I played it in the arcades, and also have the NES version... and I totally forgot how much harder the arcade version was (although I did remember that it didn't have as many stages or bosses).

I only played the NES version so I guess I'm only half that guy. I haven't picked it up on XBLA yet. I've been wanting to but have unfortunally got addicted to Guitar Hero 2.
I hope Arena is released soon. I think my only hope of breaking my Guitar Hero addiction is to get addicted to WC Arena :D

KrisV, you're right. The MGC website has so many leaderboards they only update them once or twice a day, to save resources - rather than updating constantly like your Microsoft-linked gamercards. Kind of a bummer, but it just makes me wish I could pump my gamerscore even higher before I call it quits for the day. ;)

Nu

Back