Wing Commander III Question

TonyG

Spaceman
Im returning to WC after a long absence. For reasons to boring to go into, my PC isn't running games very well so I dug out my old Playstation version (Ok I know I know...... :rolleyes: )

Actually it ran pretty well - and as i remembered it from a bout 6 years ago until the last damn mission!

OK, I have re-equipped at the concealed supply asteroids and launched with the temblor bomb for the Kilrathi homeworld.

I was then met with wave, after wave, after wave..........after wave of enemy ships. This went on for - and I kid you not - 3 hours!!!! :confused:

Now I'm assuming this is a glitch as it never happended before!

Has anyone had any similar problems with WC3 on the PS?

I can agree with LOAF on that one. If you are cloaked, local radars cannot get a clear fix on ya so they cannot send their fighters after you.

You are supposed to cloak before the last nav point, and the only way to tell is by checking your in-game nav map. There it states a message from Paladin telling you to cloak, your only hint. (That is, unless you have a game guide.)

i know your pain, the same happened to me the first time i got there. that alone was enough for me to quit the game and not pick it up for a long time. i believe i read you need to cloak at the third nave point.

I agree with myself - cloaking sounds good.

... now, that said, has anyone considered using the cloak?

The fact that you had to check the nav map to learn you had to cloak was a PITA. It took me a few tries before I looked at the map and saw it...I figured it would have told me to cloak before going forward...damn them!

Oh yeah and try to cloak...CTRL-C

Eisen mentions it at the start of the Kilrah series - but I don't think it's ever spoken of verbally after that.

Unfortunately, the game throws infinite waves of fighters at you if you fail to cloak, so Heart of the Tiger or not...

Did we forget to mention that you're given small hints about this in various places?

People, do you even bother to read beyond the 1st post when you answer someone's question? :rolleyes:

Back