Where are all the people?

Is it just me or is the place kind of dying out?
When I joined, there were always lots of people online an now it's always just and hand full of users...
What's going wrong?

Martini Doctor said:
Is it just me or is the place kind of dying out?
When I joined, there were always lots of people online an now it's always just and hand full of users...
What's going wrong?

Lots of people are around, but it's also summer time and therefore slower as alot of people spend more time outdoors. I for one ended up away for almost a month due to vacation, camping, and PC meltdown.

:eek: vacation :eek:

Long time since I heard that word... working as a freelancer sucks! You got a lot of freetime during the day (which must be considered to be wasted time) but you can't afford to take a few days off... :(

AD is correct, there's a slowdown every summer -- college students are home on their families dialup connections instead of in dorms.

Still, the posting rate is higher than it was last summer - so you may be imagining things.

Bandit LOAF said:
Still, the posting rate is higher than it was last summer - so you may be imagining things.

:cool:

Didn't know that... Maybe because I'm a member for only half a year... ;)
Thanks for the reply, because to me it seemed like all WC fans had kind of vanished...

Eh, even then I'm not sure what you mean really -- the forum is about as busy as it usually is. It's really only the IRC group that sees a significant summer slowdown.

@Martini Doctor: Still, I can see what you mean--although I am comparing to several years ago. Although, WCP on gameboy advance might have had something to do with that (influx of new members).

Well, come to think of it, this place does seem to average 90 to 100 members per day (including those banned).

Iceblade said:
Well, come to think of it, this place does seem to average 90 to 100 members per day (including those banned).

In the last 24 hours, only one banned user logged in, so that's not even worth bringing up. A number of users also have the option selected to not to show up in the who's online or daily visitors lists. There's usually not a whole lot of them either, but you might have to be an admin for them to factor into your numbers for that.

We're quite consistent on the number of people who visit (usually about 250-300 active people), but it's worth nothing that our daily post numbers vary wildly. There are days where we only have 40 posts.. and later on that week get nearly 200 in a 24 hour span. So the moral is, people are reading and ready to write if you give them something to write about. It comes down to a select few thinking up creative thread ideas that get people engaged, and that's just something not a lot of people usually get around to in the middle of July. Doesn't have to be that way though. You're all welcome to start more discussions.

Bandit LOAF said:
AD is correct, there's a slowdown every summer -- college students are home on their families dialup connections instead of in dorms.

Some of us also have summer jobs which keep us away from the 'net for long periods of time. Bleh.

Whisper said:
Hiding under a rock. A really big rock. :) How've ya been, Loafie? :)

I can't complain - I've had some good times!

I'm really glad you're still around somwhere, though. It sounds pretty darned corny, but you were a huge influence on me when I was a young Origin fan.

Hell, you're still a young Origin fan. ;) Thanks though, I appreciate that. Seems Joe from the Museum has unearthed yet another dusty old relic from the distant past. Still not sure how he found me but he did, mentioned you guys, and here I am. Talk about corny, you have no idea how much I've missed you guys!

Hehe, Joe called me on wednesday to tell me -- apparently he's stuck offline and didn't know you were already here.

You should stop by the IRC channel if you get a chance... ace and Chris and I are still around there, at least.

Gonna have to remind me where that is, its been too long and I'm too old. :)

I wondered what happened to Joe. I tried to email him but my email wouldn't go through. Didn't know why but guess that explains it. My kids were confused about his phone call. "Why would anyone want to talk to you?" :D

Back