When you bought Privateer 2 which PATCH did you get?

NuAngel

Rear Admiral
For a few people who bought an early version of Privateer 2, it came with a cloth patch you could sew on to something like a backpack or whatever.

Mine was a (sort-of) triangular shaped patch with some sort of ship (Shuttle, maybe??) - sporting the name of the Chirichan Pirate Clan. I still have the patch, pinned onto an old hoodie of mine. People ask me all the time, what it means.

According to the book, if I recall correctly, these pirates were mostly 'software pirates' in the game. Selling unreleased software on the black market, hacking into other ships' computers and shutting them down from the inside, things like that. I deem it awkwardly appropriate, because years after randomly getting this patch, I would end up taking part in multiple music piracy sites (each one to end in the RIAA taking action to shut us down), AND having been resoponsible for the leaks of a few interesting bits of information in my time (namely: the 3dfx driver source code, back in 2002, 2 years after 3dfx had gone out of business).

NuAngel

The patch is very strange. There's only one of them, which reads "Chirchan Pirate Clan". I can't explain why they chose it -- you'd think that a more logical choice would be the Kindred, since that's the one that's central to the game's story...

The ship is the Heretic, the game's signature "player" fighter. The Chirchans are the group that's all revolutionary cyborgs.

Oh.

I thought it randomly came with one, and there were some for each of the factions in the game.

Nu

Back