WC4 win95

Chuckles

Commodore
I have the 6 CD version of WC4, nVidia GeF 6800, 2 gigs of Ram, AMD 3200+, and SB X-Fi.

I've installed WC4 through DosBox decently, sound flutters a bit, but it's playable.

However, I have a USB Joystick, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, and I want to use my joystick in WC4. And I've read that only through the win95 patch can you use a usb joystick.

Now, I followed the minimal instructions on the readme file for the patch, copy and paste into the wc4 directory, however when I open the wc4w application, I get the following message:

Application failed to initialize properly (0x0000005). Click on OK to close the application.

I'm sure that means I did something wrong. I've searched around but could not find any helpful information. So how do I actually install the win95 patch to wc4 and use my joystick?

You have yo set the compatability mode of your WC4 executable to either win95 or win98. Right click on it and click properties and then the compatability tab.

And if you were playing in DOSBox, your USB joystick would work fine. DOSBox automatically tricks all games into thinking USB joysticks function as standard old gameport ones.

Back