WC Uprez Unity3d Doodle! (Heavy GIF Use, Mobile Users Beware!)

Oh, yep! Any ship can have any "TEAM" affiliation - And any wing leader for formations. The Comms presets are also modular, so Kilrathi ships can have Human pilots, etc.

Hey all! This weekend I spent some time making a set of Pirate fighters - based on the F-38 Talon, these are supposed to be Wingleader-styled versions. Now that I see them all together, I will likely vary the graffiti paint more than I have. They've got varied weapon loadouts as well!
PirateFighters_01.png

Type A: Photon Blaster, Meson Cannon (scavenged Kilrathi weapons)
Type B: Laser, Meson Cannon
Type C: 2x Laser
Type D: Mass Driver
Type E: Meson Cannon, Neutron Cannon
Type F (Boss/Ace): 2x Laser, Mass Driver
I'd love any feedback on these.
Enjoy!

Okay, some updates! I've made two new cockpits, the Valtar Light Fighter for the Confed side ( a prototype Firekkan fighter that has swarm missiles and dual neutron cannons, and of which the evaluation of is the McGuffin of the story I'm writing) and the Salthi! I've made damage models of both, as well. :D
Valtar_Cockpit_Front0000.png
Valtar_Cockpit_Front0001.png

Salthi_Cockpit_Front0000.png
Salthi_Cockpit_Front0001.png

I'm really delighted with how these turned out. :)
I've also updated the Valtar in-game model - due to the similarity with the original color scheme with Kilrathi fighters (Gold and Red), I've pushed it to use Gold and Blue instead, and actually show the swarmer missiles pods. :)
HowieFirekkan5.png
HowieFirekkan12.png

I've also been working on some of the characters - specifically trying to get the Mark Hamill likeness stronger on my Blair character, and adding my first Firekkan character - Larhi!
image2342312.png

image312312.png
image12313.png

And then finally, I've gotten some work done on the bespoke Kilrathi cockpit controls!
The stick is inspired by some soviet jetfighters - they're more used as tank controls, and the legs by Hobbe's boots in WC3, with some armor added. The legs are pushed forwards for the throttle, with a little predatory toe-claw-curl at the end. Here's some of the animations and how they look in-situ.
KilrathiHand04.gif
KilrathiLegs02.gif

imagesdfsd.png

imagesdfsfsd.png

I'm thinking of working on a Krant cockpit next.

Enjoy!

i am loving how this is looking so far. also question: When this come out will there also be a sort of Mission editor for the game?
Well, in that it's gonna likely continue to be open source, yes!

I think Blair ended up looking more like Chris Roberts! XD

Work fine in my book!
Hahaha, not intentionally, but I'll take it!
it's a shame the Scimitar isn't playable. I would've loved to see what it's cockpit WOULD have looked like.
I'm coming around to maybe adding an extra cockpit for it. :D
The Scimitar really does look extraordinarily awesome in the demo.
I really like it. :D
also am i correct in assuming that the Krants in this game WHICH HAVE LASER CANNONS AND PHOTON CANNONS are essentially the Krant Mk.II!?
Sorta? I dunno, I just felt like the Kilrathi roster needed a heavier hitter than just another fighter with dual laser cannons - same reason I downgraded the Salthi to Photon cannons. :)
and also we have the Strakha Mk.II, Salthi Mk.II. GOD DAMN the Kilrathi have done some work on their ships. and to top it off 6 VARIATIONS of the Pirate Talon!
I'm definitely having fun with it!

also Im looking at the Android arts pics and i have seen that the Broadsword Bomber is confirmed for this game but is going to be the only bomber in the game or will the Raptor also be a Bomber?

Back