WC Retrospective Goes Viral (August 16, 2023)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Earlier in the summer, we reported on a WC1 retrospective review that was especially comprehensive. At the time, we noted that it was well researched, covered a vast range of topics and was surprisingly entertaining for a lengthy two hour episode. My favorite thing was how earnest the author was about helping new audiences discover Wing Commander. And many people agreed! It's since gone out to rack up 115,000 views. It's been so successful that others have taken notice. In this new clip, vidIQ dissects what made it so popular, which is an interesting meta analysis. I think both creators underestimate how many Wing Commander fans are out there eager for more content! I've relinked the original vid below as well if you missed it in June.

--
Original update published on August 16, 2023

Very cool, you reported on June 6th... and check out this bump, I think it's from wcnews.
wcnews.png

Very cool, you reported on June 6th... and check out this bump, I think it's from wcnews

It very well could be. The video owner would be able to tell exactly, as Youtube tracks the individual referral links and whatnot so he could see where the traffic was coming from. I have a few videos that every now and then get a little bump in viewership and I'll check and see if there's a specific site driving traffic to my video.

Back