WC Prophecy Novel?

TonyG

Spaceman
I've located Heart of the Tiger and Price of Freedom novelisations but was there a novel based on the Prophecy storyline?

No, there was no Prophecy novel - presumably due to the trouble getting the WCIV novel out in time (it ended up coming out six months after the game, due to technical issues).

Damn, I loved yelling in AGWC. Damn them all to hell!!
seriously, we can only fathom if it would have made a difference.
I'd actually rather have a post WCP novel, to fill in the gap of wc7

Prophecy is the fifth Wing Commander game, thus Wing Commander V. Action Stations, though set during the beginning of the Kilrathi War, is told through the eyes of a post-Prohpecy viewpoint (mentions Blair's death, etc.).

Action Stations is actually told from a few years before WCP - in the late seventies.

That cover was the promotional one, though - the actual one doesn't have that line (as it was a mistake).

The intro to AS was really interesting as it mentions a lot of the major characters of the games and books (we even learn that jukaga had a son)

Dundradal said:
The intro to AS was really interesting as it mentions a lot of the major characters of the games and books (we even learn that jukaga had a son)

That son is the Baron Jukaga we all know from novels such as End Run and Fleet Action. The OTHER Jukaga in there is his father, the one who ended up making sure his son didn't serve on the front lines as another Prince did. Notice what happened to said prince.

you are confusing Jukaga's father Vakka, who kept jukaga out of the intial attack on mcaullife by making him the commanding admirals aid. jukaga's son (jukaga died during BOT) aids the author by giving him some info on his father...ratha killed himself after having to eject and tolwyn saluted him. he took it as an offensive gesture rather than a show of honor and opened his helmet to space...

Dundradal said:
you are confusing Jukaga's father Vakka, who kept jukaga out of the intial attack on mcaullife by making him the commanding admirals aid. jukaga's son (jukaga died during BOT) aids the author by giving him some info on his father...ratha killed himself after having to eject and tolwyn saluted him. he took it as an offensive gesture rather than a show of honor and opened his helmet to space...

It appears I misread your statement - I thought you were referring to the original Jukaga, whose son became Baron Jukaga, and not the Jukaga who gives the author of Action States the background information for the early phases of the War on the Kilrathi side.

My point was this - if the future-Baron Jukaga had gone out onto the flight line as he'd wanted to, he'd have probably ended up the same way Prince Ratha did; dead. It would've been the most expedient way to eliminate him, even if he didn't happen to die through either enemy action or accident. And the lack of honor was, IIRC, in being left to drift without either honorable death or ignomious capture followed by execution. He'd failed, and the Confed pilot only rubbed his nose in this... leaving Ratha with only one honorable solution to ending his shame.

Back