WC:Prophecy in the UK

Bluehair

Spaceman
Well the problem is I cant find a copy in the UK, as apparently Origin/EA have withdrawn it. Ive looked on the website but only found one place where I can get the gold edition (which is what I want), and its too expensive for my liking.

Please can anyone tell me where I can get a copy hassle free in the UK.

I live in the UK and see it every time I go out (original version that is) WHSmiths, eb, GAME, you name it, if you are still having problems let me know and I can pick one up and post it to you, its only about a tenner.

Doesnt matter now, found a copy of the original game and have also found the Secret Ops to download
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys pay chicky cheap for everything you guys buy GRRRRR wait till you guys come to India and feel the high price of everything that you need I am trying to do my best in earning money to buy the full version WC:p AND WC:SO.

And ofcourse before it is released in this city I know the exact price I am sure it will be around 1500 to 2500R.($1=RS.44.00)

Secret Ops. If you bought Wing Commander Prophecy from a store, it is safe to assume it is legal. What Kris is talking about is Secret Ops. That game was distibuted freely, over the Interenet, by Origin, for a limited time. The first few missions, what you downloaded, is still available. The rest of the game is not legally available for download since the offer expired. The only legal way to get Secret Ops now is to buy Wing Commander Prophecy Gold.

If, I counted correctly (and hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, there are 55 missions total.) As with other Wing Commander games, you don't fly all the missions in a game, some of them are losing paths you follow if you fail another mission.

The way the giveaway worked was you downloaded (or installed off of a CD if you bought the right issue of PCGAmer) the game, which included the first episode of missions. Then every week a new episode would be made available until all seven episodes had been released. Each episode contained a certain number of missions, some had a few more than others.

So what stuff do you get extra with the WCP Gold compared to the original WCP? Apart from the extra mission, of course.
tongue.gif

Bluehair said:
So what stuff do you get extra with the WCP Gold compared to the original WCP? Apart from the extra mission, of course.
tongue.gif

The primary feature of WCPG, besides a hard copy of WCSO on CD, is a more detailed manual than what came with the regular WCP, the Gold manual containing stats for both WCP and WCSO ships, as well as a bit more detailed explanation of stuff. Some copies of WCPG (in Europe, I think) also have the WC universe map, though it's not as common as with the original release of WCP.

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

Back