The Bloodfang

Haha, Yeah. I get them mixed up a lot. Why did they have to have such similar titles? One time, I confused Secret Ops for WCP as the title for the WC2 mission packs.

d3r3k said:
Yeah, that disappointed me too.

I haven't played through all of SM1&2, but I do know that some interesting things do happen. I think it would have been nifty if they didn't completely forget about what happened in those missions while they were making WC3.

What did you want them to include in the Wc3 plot :D ? :D

The consequences and effects of whatever happens in SO1&2. As I've said before, I haven't played through all of them. In fact, I believe I am still on the first mission of number one. But, I do know the basic plot of both mission packs. Its all about traitors and the Morningstar fighter.

You mean like they included into WC2 the consequences and effects of whatever happens in SM1/2?

Oh, wait, they didn't. Nevermind.

Death said:
Oh, wait, they didn't. Nevermind.
Uh, Death, the Concordia carries a weapon based on the wreckage of the Sivar, and at one point during the game, Jazz talks about the Firekka campaign.

I thought he was referring to the special operations now?

anyway, those developments and advances against the kilrathi
during the so1 and 2 were made obsolete by the false truce...

the crossbow and the morningstar were surpassed by the
thunderbolt and the excalibur, no more need for them.

Bandit LOAF said:
(Plus, we know there's at least one other -- the one that crash landed outside Britain;))
I remember reading about that and seeing it on my friends computer years ago. :rolleyes: Do you have any screen shots of it and is that where you got your picture of the 2656 Bloodfang? :confused:

Quarto said:
Uh, Death, the Concordia carries a weapon based on the wreckage of the Sivar, and at one point during the game, Jazz talks about the Firekka campaign.

Not to mention characters like Jazz and Doomsday to begin with. Tolwyn, Thrakhath, and Hobbes were also introduced in SM2 in order to set up WC2. That was done intentionally. And in the third Secret Missions set in SWC, they drop hints and rumors about the stealth fighters and stuff.

d3r3k said:
I believe it was mentioned earlier that the 2656 Bloodfang was seen in the non-playable demo of WC2.

https://www.wcnews.com/news/update/6133

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember reading about that and seeing it on my friends computer years ago. Do you have any screen shots of it and is that where you got your picture of the 2656 Bloodfang?

I don't think I have a screenshot; if you have Ultima VII, people have done some pretty extensive patching to make it run in Win9x -- you should be able to find your own Bloodfang. It's in a corn field to the right of Britain... if you click on it, the Kilrathi theme from WC2 plays, and if you talk to the farmer in the field he'll tell you about how he ate the pilot. The artwork is just the 'top' sprite from the WC2 Bloodfang, IIRC -- as others have pointed out, the '2655' Bloodfang is from the WC2 Demo. The demo includes it as a WC1-style ship artwork file... so you can actually replace the graphics of a Kilrathi ship in WC1 with the 'demo Bloodfang' graphics and see it from different angles (or you can pass it through a WC1 image viewer).

Thanks

Thanks. I was hoping to settle an argument about numerous squadrons of Bloodfangs being in Kilrathi Clan arsenals at the time of Prophecy. I didn't think it at all likely.

rambo_123uk said:
Thanks. I was hoping to settle an argument about numerous squadrons of Bloodfangs being in Kilrathi Clan arsenals at the time of Prophecy. I didn't think it at all likely.

I would argue that it's possible that elements of the single known Bloodfang squadron to have survived the war - Blood Most Noble squadron would have been assigned to the Hvar’kann... and the Hvar’kann survived to surrender.

So, there's probably a Bloodfang in the future equivalent of the Air and Space Museum -- but there probably aren't any in Kilrathi terrorist hands.

For several reasons -- the first is, of course, that they're Thrakhath's personal fighter and all indications are that there's only one squadron of them in the Kilrathi arsenal. Of course, you could argue that there could have been others that we just never heard of or saw -- but again, they would have been serving with the Grand Fleet or the home guard units protecting Kilrah itself... and neither of those survived Blair's bombing run.

The most likely manner for a Bloodfang unit to survive, assuming that any others exist, would have been for it to have been stationed on the Vorghath -- and of course we don't see that in False Colors at all.

Furthermore, the idea that Bloodfangs would be capable of serving with spit and glue pirate units at all seems unlikely. They're the absolute top of the line superfighters -- they'll need top of the line maintenance and support facilities to stay flying... the Dralthi and the Vaktoth are so prevalent in Prophecy because they're common as dirt and they can take a lot of general wear and tear. If your Vaktoth gets the crap beaten out of it, you have a ready source for spare parts -- not so much for the Prince's personal superfighter. (Similarly, the Bloodfang is a space superiority fighter - not a raider. It'll outmaneuver anything in space but it needs a top of the line carrier to fly off of...)

Back